Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Idea For Michigan Sports Radio Stations During Quarantine

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Ben Zonia

Idea For Michigan Sports Radio Stations During Quarantine

Post by Ben Zonia » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:57 pm

Some networks are airing classic PBP games during airshafts normally devoted to live sports PBP.

We have in Michigan a Michigan Football Radio Archivist who recorded all or virtually all Michigan Football games from the Bob Ufer on WPAG only era to at least the recent past.

Why not lease rights to these broadcasts and play them on those airshafts on WTKA, WTRX, WVFN, WJRW and other stations which have a legacy of broadcasting those games? I would love to hear Bob Ufer yelling again, announcing triumphant victories over Ohio State and other arrogant opponents.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

fuzzpower

Re: Idea For Michigan Sports Radio Stations During Quarantine

Post by fuzzpower » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:35 pm

WTKA airs a classic game (always from the 70s) during Michigan’s bye week. I wouldn’t mind hearing them more often, but CBS Sports Radio and that loser from GR is cheaper.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic