Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Former University of Michigan doctor investigated for multiple sex abuse complaints

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
km1125

Re: Former University of Michigan doctor investigated for multiple sex abuse complaints

Post by km1125 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:42 am

Matt wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:07 pm
km1125 wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:47 am
How old were these folks who were "abused"? 18? 20?

We're not talking about any under-age kids, are we? The Nasser case clearly had underage kids and their parents had to know something was going on but as far as I've seen, in the UofM case they were all "adults".
This is a TERRIBLE justification. The man committed heinous crimes and was a despicable piece of shit. Michigan's response has been much better than MSU's response, but that doesn't change the facts that both Nassar and Anderson were predatory criminals.
It's not a justification.

If someone did something wrong to YOU, then it's on YOU - as an adult - to make sure that person serves an appropriate penalty, not just throw the allegation out there and hope someone else takes up your cause to see what can be done. If you don't, then you're just as much a cause of the continuation of the problem as anyone else associated with the issue.

This one looks more and more like a money grab from the university. We'd not be hearing from any of those folks if there wasn't money involved.

The Nassar case is completely different, but the folks making the case it's similar or the same is because of $$$.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Former University of Michigan doctor investigated for multiple sex abuse complaints

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:11 pm

This one looks more and more like a money grab from the university. We'd not be hearing from any of those folks if there wasn't money involved.
You're an idiot.

I bet you'd feel much differently if your son or daughter were abused by a scumbag doctor. 18, 19, and 20 year olds may be considered "adults" under the law, but they still have a lot of naivety about the real world.

I have a feeling anyone who came public with allegations against Anderson in the 70's or 80's, especially someone in their late teens or early 20's, would've faced a tremendous deal of scrutiny if not persecution.

Many students on athletic scholarship are hundreds of miles from home. It's not as if they can easily see a doctor of their own choosing. If the university is paying the medical bill, the student-athlete has to use the doctor the university tells them to use.

What happens if students refuse? Well, in the case of the brave wrestler who wrote the letter of Warde Manuel last summer, he got kicked off the team in the 70's and lost his scholarship!!! That is a tremendous deal of pressure for a young adult to endure.

The university deserves to incur a very serious monetary penalty, the victims deserve significant monetary recompense, and a top-to-bottom investigation needs to occur as to who-knew-what. Those who willfully enabled Anderson or concealed information of his criminal behavior need to be prosecuted.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:36 pm

Me an idiot?? Are you kidding me??

First, we only have ALLEGATIONS of something that might have happened. THIS country was founded on a concept of "innocent until PROVEN guilty". Now, we have some ALLEGATIONS about something that happened but the defendant is long since deceased, so he can't even defend himself. Yet you have people not only convicting him, but making a determination that anyone in the remote vicinity was also responsible and NOW should be a pretty severe penalty. That's ridiculous!!

I feel like I'm in high school and the latest edition of the BURN BOOK has been published. Lots of allegations and insinuations in those, perhaps we should start taking them seriously too!!

Any maybe we do have to review the age when someone becomes an adult. If folks can't handle themselves at 17, 18, 19, or 20, perhaps we should move the marker to 21. We've already done that on some issues like smoking and guns, so maybe it makes sense. They probably shouldn't be entrusted with voting either.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:48 pm

Archive papers show doctor’s ties to Bo Schembechler’s Michigan football program

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/coll ... 957066002/

The censorship king from out of state.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:54 pm

Yeah, it's all a big conspiracy, km1125. Give me a fucking break.

People like YOU are the reason these alums were afraid to come forward decades ago. Know who you sound like? All of the gymnast parents who were in denial regarding Larry Nassar's abuse.

You actually think an accuser would've been given a fair hearing in the 1970s or 1980s on a same sex sexual assault case? If so, you are living in fantasy land.

It is indeed a shame these reports of abuse didn't see public light twenty or thirty years ago. I would've liked to have seen Anderson on the defense stand.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:26 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:54 pm
Yeah, it's all a big conspiracy, km1125. Give me a fucking break.

People like YOU are the reason these alums were afraid to come forward decades ago. Know who you sound like? All of the gymnast parents who were in denial regarding Larry Nassar's abuse.

You actually think an accuser would've been given a fair hearing in the 1970s or 1980s on a same sex sexual assault case? If so, you are living in fantasy land.

It is indeed a shame these reports of abuse didn't see public light twenty or thirty years ago. I would've liked to have seen Anderson on the defense stand.
But it never would have gotten there 20 or 30 years ago... a lot of shady shit was acceptable in “the good old days”...

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:03 pm

EXACTLY.

Two words. Catholic...Church.

Imagine a 15 year old or 16 year old boy telling their father or mother that their church's priest was a molester. I bet that conversation wouldn't turn out well for the kid.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:13 pm

I see that the lawyers are now running ads on the local stations looking for more "victims" so they can pursue additonal cases and garner part of the $$ for settlements. I'm sure the lawyers will do well and this will be a big income stream.

If any payments are made, they funding should come from EVERYONE who benefitted from the University. That means ALL the alums for the last ~40 years!!

I'm sure there has been a victim or two, but the data/evidence to support those cases is long since gone. Everyone else are just profiteers and their cases just diminish the tragedies that really did happen.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:19 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:03 pm
EXACTLY.

Imagine a 15 year old or 16 year old boy telling their father or mother that their church's priest was a molester. I bet that conversation wouldn't turn out well for the kid.
You wouldn't believe your own kid??? WOW.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:08 pm

km1125 wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:19 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
EXACTLY.

At the time there was a very different standard... you didn’t accuse authority of these things... something was wrong with YOU if it happened... sounds pretty libertarian actually...

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:42 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:08 pm
km1125 wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:
EXACTLY.

At the time there was a very different standard... you didn’t accuse authority of these things... something was wrong with YOU if it happened... sounds pretty libertarian actually...
There was a different standard 10 years ago than there is today. Add religion to the mix and plenty of older folks are brainwashed.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:43 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:42 pm
Rate This wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:08 pm
km1125 wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:
EXACTLY.

There was a different standard 10 years ago than there is today. Add religion to the mix and plenty of older folks are brainwashed.
I was thinking 30-50 years ago but point taken...

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:54 pm

10 years ago I had a superior openly talking about one of my peers "nice tits". Today, that is fired, so fired.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:56 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:54 pm
10 years ago I had a superior openly talking about one of my peers "nice tits". Today, that is fired, so fired.
Incredibly fired.. but were they nice tits?... that’s the real question...

Are we gonna get to the point where “you look pretty today” is gonna cause a woman to run away screaming “he’s got one hand on the smooth compliments and another on his...”?

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:58 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:56 pm
Matt wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:54 pm
Incredibly fired.. but were they nice tits?... that’s the real question...

Are we gonna get to the point where “you look pretty today” is gonna cause a woman to run away screaming “he’s got one hand on the smooth compliments and another on his...”?
Are "A" cups nice? The peer in question was very attractive but not well endowed.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic