Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Kobe Bryant...

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Milk

Kobe Bryant...

Post by Milk » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:03 pm

RIP.

Rate This

Re: Kobe Bryant...

Post by Rate This » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:15 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:10 pm
Silver-lining.

https://www.thewrap.com/kobe-bryant-dea ... on-morris/

There’ll be a job opening soon at MSNBC after an anchor drops the N-word. Smh
I think she just made a flub... oh well...

JackAttack FM

Post by JackAttack FM » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:55 pm

Turdburglar101 hijacking another topic with unrelated bullshit.

This crash is very sad.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:34 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:08 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:15 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:10 pm
Silver-lining.

https://www.thewrap.com/kobe-bryant-dea ... on-morris/

There’ll be a job opening soon at MSNBC after an anchor drops the N-word. Smh
I think she just made a flub... oh well...
I’m going on the record as not defending racism, racist slurs, and that saying the N-word is never a slip of the tongue.

How many other times have you defended others’ use of the N-word?
Focus on what’s important instead of mindless crap. Thanks.

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:01 am

It is virtually impossible for me to believe that this was deliberate on intentional. In a scrambling situation with new information coming every second, people get flustered and are thinking 10 20 words ahead of their actual speech.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:17 am

LL101 - seriously, what the hell is your problem? The biggest story in the country right now is millions of people mourning the death of NBA legend Kobe Bryant and his 13-year old daughter, and your comment on this tragedy is to make it about what slipped out of the mouth of an MSNBC reporter.

I extended you some sympathy in your 9/11 thread for the loved ones you lost. Perhaps you should extend the same here and not make this story about something literally nobody is talking about.

THAT ASIDE, literally the last NBA game I watched from start to finish was Kobe's last game in April of 2016 where he put up 60 points. Seems like it was just yesterday. I can't believe that that particular game was played nearly 4 years ago. Now, I was never a Lakers fan and I didn't watch much of Kobe all my years growing up, but I know he is regarded as one of the best to ever play the game. His life certainly had some controversies, but I think most people have forgotten about those and forgiven him. Just as sad, if not sadder, is the death of his daughter. May they both rest in peace.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:18 pm

LL - There's a time and a place for everything, and the fact that you still don't recognize that this thread was neither the time nor the place for your post (and subsequent trolling) renders anything I would respond with as pointless, so I won't waste my breath.

All I'll say is, RIP Kobe.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:50 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:18 pm
LL - There's a time and a place for everything, and the fact that you still don't recognize that this thread was neither the time nor the place for your post (and subsequent trolling) renders anything I would respond with as pointless, so I won't waste my breath.

Indeed, I thought he was pretty cool as a 6 year old when he first came on the scene... was a little numb yesterday.. very very sad.

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:28 pm

Not a basketball fan. First thing that came to my mind was the fact he was accused of rape. The woman eventually refused to testify, but I think received some cash in the end.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:59 pm

fuzzpower wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:28 pm
Not a basketball fan. First thing that came to my mind was the fact he was accused of rape. The woman eventually refused to testify, but I think received some cash in the end.
Ya' think?!? It's been common knowledge for a decade+. A rudimentary internet search would tell you all the details, Einstein.

The censorship king from out of state.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:49 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:52 pm
bmw wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:18 pm

“There’s a time and a place for everything...”

100% wrong!!!

There is never an acceptable time for saying “niggers.” EVER!!! ESPECIALLY ON NATIONAL TELEVISION!!!!

What’s wrong with all of you? Why is racism being defended just because there was a tragedy! Don’t let a tragedy cloud your moral compass and judgement! Where were all of you defending the meteorologist who said “Martin Luther Coon”? That’s what I thought! YOU WERE SILENT!!!

Hypocrites! ALL OF YOU!

RIP Kobe. You deserve better than racism.
Oh look everybody... it has become an opportunist...

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:34 am

The stories have conflicting information as to details and the amount. You probably believe every single story you read on the internet.

Why you hang around a Michigan based board when you have admitted you don’t even live in the state or nearby is the real question.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:38 am

I was just reading that apparently Kobe was a devout Catholic... I didn’t know that. Eerily he had just been to mass and taken communion a couple hours before the accident.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:45 am

fuzzpower wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:34 am

Why you hang around a Michigan based board when you have admitted you don’t even live in the state or nearby is the real question.
I still have an interest in the radio stations I worked at in GR and Lansing, and Detroit radio in general. I rarely comment on those forums because I have nothing to offer since I am not familiar with current goings-on. But I am certain I watch and read about area sports more than many here, so I offer my opinion about it.

I live less than 20 mikes from Kobes house so I feel I can offer insight there too. Remember, he grew up in Italy and developed his Catholicism faith there. He also married a Catholic woman.

Truly a tragedy he passed at 41. It seemed like he was at peace in his life after the Lakers. Was a great dad. So sad.

The censorship king from out of state.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:36 pm

So sad about Kobe death and his daughter and 7 others as well. I still can't believe Kobe is dead 41 years old is too young to die. Forever Mamba Forever Legend R.I.P.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic