Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Beat Ohio State

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Matt

Beat Ohio State

Post by Matt » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:58 pm

I'm struggling like hell to not be overly optimistic about the game, but god damn, can't we beat that "school"?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

craig11152

Re: Beat Ohio State

Post by craig11152 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:53 am

I am resigned to an ass kicking again.
So I'd almost be OK with a really close game. I'd be extremely happy with a win.
They are a better team no question. But I'm not sure how much better. Also the better team doesn't always win in sports. I'm pretty sure Stephan F Austin doesn't beat Duke but 1 time in a 1000.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:03 pm

Horrible. Hopefully Don Brown gets the Rutgers job and Harbaugh gives Partridge the DC spot.

Next year, Michigan should be 11-0 going into the game in the toilet seat.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:46 pm

Fire Harbaugh.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:32 pm

Defensive backs for Michigan were a complete dumpster fire today, and the D line wasn't much better.

I cannot see Don Brown going to Rutgers. Somewhere else? Maybe. If he doesn't leave of his own accord, Harbaugh needs to fire his ass.

I saw some horrible play calls on offense in a couple 4th and short situations, too. (Michigan's offense further showed its ineptitude via nine (!!!) dropped passes, per Angelique Chengelis.)

Here's a scary thought - the Wolverines allowed the Buckeyes more yards of total offense this year than last year! Un-fucking-believable.

matt1

Post by matt1 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:18 pm

Next year in 2020 in Columbus for the Wolverines & haven't won there since 2000!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:37 pm

I'm beginning to wonder if Michigan's men's basketball team, hockey team, or baseball team will win a national championship before the football team defeats Ohio State in a regular season contest.

It could easily be another five years until Michigan defeats the Buckeyes in football.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:22 am

Well, well, well...

Look who's apparently going back to Rutgers!

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sport ... 345849002/

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:17 am

I was hoping Michigan would win, for the sake of a family member who is quite ill who is a big fan. Their whole life used to revolve around Michigan Football.

After they missed the extra point, I knew that they would lose, even if by a point. I turned it off. I was surprised that it was so lopsided.

I guess the only thing we can hope for is a big scandal that will result in OSU being permanently suspended from NCAA Sports.

When a team wins all the time, and has constant blowout victories, you really have to wonder what's going on, whether it's UM, MSU, OSU, or any other college athletic program. Before they changed the rules for instance, it used to be sandbagging players who would have been starters at other schools.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic