All accepted registrations through March 17, 2019 at 8:30p ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

2019 NFL Draft

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
moldyoldie

2019 NFL Draft

Post by moldyoldie » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:32 am

This draft is loaded with D-line and linebacker talent and one of 'em has a great chance falling to the Lions at #8, especially if QB-needy teams go that route ahead of us. Unlike some folks, I'm not sold on CB Greedy Williams out of LSU despite the Lions' need at the position. Despite his obvious coverage ability and ball skills, the knock on him is that he's a bad and "unwilling" tackler. That's something I simply cannot abide!

Also, TE T.J. Hockenson out of Iowa seems to be on everyone's top 10 list of best players available. Despite the Lions' recent free agent signing of TE Jesse James, it wouldn't shock me to see Hockenson taken. I know fans would be disillusioned, but maybe the third time's the charm after Pettigrew and Ebron. :razz I remember back in the day when the Lions' big need was a DT and they whiffed on first-round picks Bob Bell and Ernie Price before finally hitting on Doug English.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris