Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Just how bad are the Lions?

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
bmw

Just how bad are the Lions?

Post by bmw » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:30 pm

Bottom 5 in the league. Can anybody here name 5 teams who are worse than Detroit? Browns, Titans, Jaguars. Maybe the Jets. But that's about it.

Hello 4-12 record.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Just how bad are the Lions?

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:42 pm

The Bears are probably as bad as the Lions - maybe even a little worse - they just happened to win today.

The Jaguars and Jets are superior to the Lions.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:08 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:The Bears are probably as bad as the Lions - maybe even a little worse - they just happened to win today.

The Jaguars and Jets are superior to the Lions.
And the amateurs lose again... at least Michigan is in contention for something this year...

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:11 pm

Number of franchise playoff wins since 1963 (since the Ford Family has owned the Lions) for all 32 current NFL teams:

34 Pittsburgh Steelers
34 Dallas Coyboys
30 SF 49ers
29 New England Patriots
27 Green Bay Packers
25 Oakland Raiders
23 Denver Broncos
20 Indianopolis Colts
20 Washington Redskins
20 New York Giants
20 Miami Dolphins
19 Minnesota Vikings
16 LA Rams
15 Baltimore Ravens
15 Seattle Seahawks
15 Philadelphia Eagles
13 Buffalo Bills
12 Tennessee Titans
12 New York Jets
11 Chicago Bears
11 San Diego Chargers
9 Carolina Panthers
8 KC Chiefs
7 Atlanta Falcons
7 Cleveland Browns
7 New Orleans Saints
6 Arizona Cardinals
6 Tampa Bay Bucs
5 Cincinnati Bengals
5 Jacksonville Jaguars
2 Houston Texans
1 Detroit Lions

And the Texans haven't been in the league for very long. Jags also for a substantially less amount of time. So the next worst team than the Lions is the Bengals, and even they have 5x as many playoff wins as the Lions.

The Ford family has to be the least successful owner of any professional sports franchise in the history of professional sports in the US.

Seriously - look at those numbers. They're beyond pathetic. And you could also argue that Detroit has had considerably more talent through the years to work with than most of the bottom 10 teams on that list.

Deleted User 7769

Post by Deleted User 7769 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:31 pm

I'm beginning to think the Ford's may not be such great people.

I could be wrong of course. But the fact that they haven't unloaded that team and haven't done what needs to be done to have a winning team, which would obviously BE selling the team, tells me they are only about the money. Their egos are H***. Seriously... They switch their radio broadcast from a fantastic FM signal to POS AM... WJR! I can't listen to that crap... it's not even HD. And they moved because they didn't like a guy with a big mouth on the station who did nothing but tell the truth about what piece of shit organization they are?

Come on! Time for the fans to stop giving these rich, out of touch ego maniacs more money. Stop going. Period.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:47 pm

radiodoc wrote:I'm beginning to think the Ford's may not be such great people.

I could be wrong of course. But the fact that they haven't unloaded that team and haven't done what needs to be done to have a winning team, which would obviously BE selling the team, tells me they are only about the money. Their egos are H***. Seriously... They switch their radio broadcast from a fantastic FM signal to POS AM... WJR! I can't listen to that crap... it's not even HD. And they moved because they didn't like a guy with a big mouth on the station who did nothing but tell the truth about what piece of shit organization they are?

Come on! Time for the fans to stop giving these rich, out of touch ego maniacs more money. Stop going. Period.
Great... you think it's about winning for the town and etc... naive much?

Deleted User 7769

Post by Deleted User 7769 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:00 am

NS8401 wrote:

You're so cute when you're trying to be condescending...

It's about winning... And they're not about winning at all.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:41 pm

radiodoc wrote:
NS8401 wrote:

You're so cute when you're trying to be condescending...

It's about winning... And they're not about winning at all.
It's not about winning... it's about making money... if it were about winning then the Cubs, Bengals, Lions etc would have long ago folded.

Deleted User 7769

Post by Deleted User 7769 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:14 pm

You make my point exactly, sweetheart. Because Gilbert, Kraft and Cuban care nothing about winning. Oh yeah... and the ilitches don't either. I'm sure all the players feel that way as well.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:19 pm

radiodoc wrote:You make my point exactly, sweetheart. Because Gilbert, Kraft and Cuban care nothing about winning. Oh yeah... and the ilitches don't either. I'm sure all the players feel that way as well.
For many of the owners of perpetually lousy teams... like the one we have been discussing... did it really require an explanation to get you on track sunshine?

Deleted User 7769

Post by Deleted User 7769 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:16 pm

Nice try. LOL

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:15 pm

radiodoc wrote:Nice try. LOL
At least I get that :lol

matt1

Post by matt1 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:04 am

Cowboys won 42 - 21. Tied at 21 at halftime. :horns

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:22 am

matt1 wrote:Cowboys won 42 - 21. Tied at 21 at halftime. :horns
They stopped running the ball for some strange reason and fell apart... Zenner looked good too.

So we are in if either:
Washington loses to or ties New York.
We beat or tie Green Bay.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:46 am

Clueless coaching bit the Lions in the ass again. Shocker. I was telling everyone even before the Bears game that it would come down to week 17, and that Green Bay will win the division.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic