All accepted registrations through January 19, 2019 at 7:30a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Being pro-police

The classic Political Potpourri forum is back by popular demand! ~SEPARATE REGISTRATION IS NO LONGER NEEDED; ALL REGISTERED BUZZBOARD USERS ARE WELCOME TO POST!~ Be forwarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
lovinlife101

Re: Being pro-police

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:28 am

So after Genesee County law enforcement kick the crap out of an inmate, costing tax payers more than $36 million, what does Bill Harris' station do? Pull the story from the Associated Press!

Any in-depth coverage? Any new angles working Mr. Harris' sources? NOPE! Just run a story from another news organization. It's not like the station is less than 10 miles from the story. Oh, wait. It is.

Fox2 in Detroit had great coverage with video inside the jail and amazing soundbites. http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-n ... 3819-story

What does 25/66 have online? An AP story with a stock photo. I'm not kidding. Good enough, huh? http://nbc25news.com/news/local/nearly- ... il-lawsuit

But the real telling fact is not that this story is not even on the homepage. What is? A story about Michigan State Police telling people not to point laser pointers at their aircraft. http://nbc25news.com/news/local/pointin ... -msp-pilot

Should people also not point at commercial aircraft? Non-commercial aircraft? Who cares? All we know is you shouldn't point at police aircraft. Hmmmmm. So what should this story tell people? Don't mess with police. Hmmm. Sounds pretty pro-police to me. Could they have bothered to talk to another source? Nah. Don't bother.

Oh, and Michigan State Police out of St. Ignace (not even close to the market) donated nearly 500 pounds of food. http://nbc25news.com/news/local/st-igna ... bs-of-food

Yep, on the homepage.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:41 pm

Buy your own TV station or some airtime if you have an issue with it...

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:06 pm

audiophile, no.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:53 am

I guess you're not ready to put your wallet where your mouth is?

Weak, very weak...

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

NoozDude

Post by NoozDude » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:47 am

....Bill Harris' station
Oh, Bill Harris is singular, not plural. The punctuation in the original post, "Bill Harris' station," is incorrect. According to the Oxford English Dictionary, the correct punctuation is "Bill Harris's station." Skippy.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:35 pm

audiophile, just because I point on the problems with a TV news station, that means I should purchase my own or purchase time on that same station?

Does that mean if I don't like the presidential candidates that I should start my own country?

How about a television news station actually being objective, in-depth, and skeptical? Is that too much to ask?

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:54 pm

Restaurant waitstaff not doing its job? Tough! You need to start your own restaurant!

Postal service got you down? Start your own!

Police screw you over? Start your own security service!

Judge hand you a poor judgment? Become your own judge!

Someone violate your civil rights? Don't point them out, fight for them, try to correct the system...start your own country!

You see, it's all very simple in audiophile's world.

DAC

Post by DAC » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:28 pm

As usual, you've missed the point. There are people who bitch about things, and there are people who try to do something about things. You don't mention anything that you're doing, but you bitch a storm of self-righteous, holier than thou, and "LL101 is always right because he's smarter than everyone else" bullshit, without once saying what you are doing other than running your stupid trap.

And your forgot this one: Tired of dickheads ruining what was once a fun and informative forum? Find a new one. http://midmichiganbroadcasting.yuku.com ... B-7E3_ouHs

Other than me, there seems to only be two other people who have posted there thus far. But, hopefully either that place or another one will become a decent low-bullshit place to talk about TV and Radio.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:19 am

Thanks for your comment, DAC.

Let's analyze what you are saying here.

You claim that I missed the point audiophile was trying to make that rather than point out when a tv news station is not being objective and actually favoring an organization, making it immune to criticism, and a journalist on the payroll of that organization giving it positive PR through news stories, that I should purchase my own television news station or purchase time on a television news station.

That was the point audiophile made. audiophile told me to purchase a TV station or purchase time on an existing one. I'm still not sure why audiophile said it, but that was the point.

So DAC, whenever anyone else on here has a criticism or points something out, why don't you tell them to purchase their own TV station or purchase time on an existing one? Why do you treat me one way and everyone else another way?

What makes you think that my comments here don't "do something about things." Several times I pointed out factual, grammatical, or illogical copy and it was fixed quickly. You're welcome.

The facts are, you don't like me. I'm fine with that. You want me to stop. Not going to happen.

Bdl

Post by Bdl » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:28 pm

@101...

It seems you have too much free time on your hands...maybe a JOB is what you need. Preferably seven days a week. You can use me as a reference.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:02 pm

Bdl, I will never use you as a reference for anything.

So your logic tells you that someone who thinks critically, analyzes logically, and writes correctly is unemployed? I think you have it the other way around.

Oh, and thanks for staying on topic.

DAC

Post by DAC » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:26 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:Bdl, I will never use you as a reference for anything.

So your logic tells you that someone who thinks critically, analyzes logically, and writes correctly is unemployed?
THIS is why people don't like you (pick on you, call you names, etc). Boo hoo. Poor you. Perhaps you do think critically and analyze logically. But none of it matters because you don't have an ounce of modesty to go with it, Skippy.

By the way, Bdl is on topic, because the topic is you. This is no longer the Flint, Tri-Cities, and The Thumb forum. This is now the LL101 is a Douchebag Forum. All topics degrade to you talking about yourself, because you don't have the ability to be the bigger person and ignore a barb or two. The forum as it was is practically dead, and the one common denominator in its demise is YOU.

Anyone want to bet $5 that LL can't stop himself from responding? Knowing when silence is better isn't one of his many, much prided skills. Most narcissists are like that.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:42 pm

Don't ever, ever, ever, ever talk to the police. Ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok3Kh8726m8

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:15 pm

Have you seen the story of the Traverse City cop who was drinking while driving and displaying a Confederate flag?

Apparently he's suspended with pay. Nice.

Here's my issue. I hate the Confederate flag with every fiber of my being. It represents everything wrong with our country. It represents slavery, hatred, intolerance, and racism.

However, I support free speech. I believe this cop, as dirty, irresponsible, and ignorant as he is, has the right to express his opinion without the government punishing him regardless of how controversial it is. By disciplining him, the police department is violating his First Amendment rights. The department is punishing him for saying something that is unpopular. The last time I checked, that's not a crime!

Herm

Post by Herm » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:59 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:Have you seen the story of the Traverse City cop who was drinking while driving and displaying a Confederate flag?

Apparently he's suspended with pay. Nice.

Here's my issue. I hate the Confederate flag with every fiber of my being. It represents everything wrong with our country. It represents slavery, hatred, intolerance, and racism.

However, I support free speech. I believe this cop, as dirty, irresponsible, and ignorant as he is, has the right to express his opinion without the government punishing him regardless of how controversial it is. By disciplining him, the police department is violating his First Amendment rights. The department is punishing him for saying something that is unpopular. The last time I checked, that's not a crime!
Didn't you say he was drinking while driving? Perhaps he's being punished for that?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic