Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Lions - Vikings

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Lions - Vikings

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:08 pm

Jim Caldwell is a loser and has no idea how to manage his timeouts.

Calling your last timeout of the half before a punt where YOU are getting the football with only 1:10 on the clock??? What an idiot!!!

Deleted User 8570

Re: Lions - Vikings

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:11 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:Jim Caldwell is a loser and has no idea how to manage his timeouts.

Calling your last timeout of the half before a punt where YOU are getting the football with only 1:10 on the clock??? What an idiot!!!
As the Vikings would have run it down to what... 30 or 40 seconds? From what I could tell on the radio broadcast the clock was running at 1:10. If so then It's a wash either way. You can clock it anyways. I didn't have any problem with the timeout. You aren't gonna get to 4th down and kick a field goal. That's not the idea in that situation so you don't need a timeout to stop the clock. You get into range and then clock it and kick.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:33 am

I cannot recall now if the clock was running or not. However, even if it was, there was no guarantee the Vikings would've drained it (although clearly that would've been the right thing to do).

I hated the play call on 2nd and inches late in the fourth. I was yelling at the TV. Lions should've gotten a TD from that drive and are the luckiest team on earth. Handed the Vikings the game on a golden platter and the Vikings still found a way to lose!

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:41 am

MWmetalhead wrote:I cannot recall now if the clock was running or not. However, even if it was, there was no guarantee the Vikings would've drained it (although clearly that would've been the right thing to do).

I hated the play call on 2nd and inches late in the fourth. I was yelling at the TV. Lions should've gotten a TD from that drive and are the luckiest team on earth. Handed the Vikings the game on a golden platter and the Vikings still found a way to lose!
At a certain point it becomes more than luck...

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:05 am

NS8401 wrote:At a certain point it becomes more than luck...
I tend to agree especially at a level like the NFL. You can win a game or two with luck but I don't think anybody lucks their way to 7-4.

I no longer directly engage trolls

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:10 pm

I don't know; through the years it sure seems like Detroit has been one of the unluckiest teams in the league. They regularly found new ways to lose a game each and every week.

This year just feels like things are averaging out. They're not as talented or as good as their record indicates, IMO. They're still giving up way too high of a percentage of pass completions and dropping way too many passes. And their running game is almost non-existent.

They've had a relatively easy schedule this year. Their real test will be In Dallas on Monday night in a few weeks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:53 pm

Longtime Buzzboard readers know that I've always viewed Jim Bob Cooter with a high degree of skepticism, thought many in the mainstream media around here overvalued him, and thought it was a mistake when the Lions didn't cut bait with him last off season.

With today's ABYSMAL performance against the Vikings, not to mention the debacle of a season opener against the Jets, can anyone explain to me how this goon still has a job?

He should be fired IMMEDIATELY.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:58 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:53 pm
Longtime Buzzboard readers know that I've always viewed Jim Bob Cooter with a high degree of skepticism, thought many in the mainstream media around here overvalued him, and thought it was a mistake when the Lions didn't cut bait with him last off season.

With today's ABYSMAL performance against the Vikings, not to mention the debacle of a season opener against the Jets, can anyone explain to me how this goon still has a job?
It's well known that JBC is Stafford's pick for OC, apparently they jibe in their thinking.
I'm becoming increasingly bemused by the Lions' inability to cash in inside the red zone. One thing I'm noticing is Stafford's unwillingness to allow his receivers to go up and make a play or to "thread a needle" with his passes, perhaps in his inhibition to risk interceptions. He still has no touch on the corner-of-the-endzone lob pass, and I've always questioned his accuracy in general. After ten years, I'm wondering if Stafford is the man to take this moribund franchise to the promised land.
Of course, his pass protection leaves much to be desired. What was it yesterday, a record ten sacks? UNACCEPTABLE!

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic