All accepted registrations through July 14 at 7:30a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective June 9, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=30571

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

The curse of Les Miles

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

The curse of Les Miles

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:36 pm

The mere presence of Les Miles at today's game in the Big House is going to result in a Michigan loss. That guy is to Michigan what kryptonite is to Superman.

MEMO TO 89-EX: FIX YOUR SHITTY SOUNDING AUDIO!! WE CAN HARDLY HEAR THE FRIGGIN' STATION! Thanks in advance.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: The curse of Les Miles

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:23 pm

I wonder if Les left the stadium in the second half... :smokin

Glad to see Michigan win today.

All comes down to Columbus, just as I had hoped at the start of the season!

MEMO TO 89-EX: FIX YOUR SHITTY SOUNDING AUDIO!! WE CAN HARDLY HEAR THE FRIGGIN' STATION! Thanks in advance.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:39 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:I wonder if Les left the stadium in the second half... :smokin

If O'Korn doesn't improve we will get walloped...

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:56 am

NS8401 wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:I wonder if Les left the stadium in the second half... :smokin

Quit being such a chicken little. Sparty held them to 17, so I'm confident in Michigan's defense to hold them to a low score. Speight might be available next week as well, but if he's not, O'Korn will be better or Peppers will be used more extensively and will actually throw the ball.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:31 am

Matt wrote:
NS8401 wrote:

Quit being such a chicken little. Sparty held them to 17, so I'm confident in Michigan's defense to hold them to a low score. Speight might be available next week as well, but if he's not, O'Korn will be better or Peppers will be used more extensively and will actually throw the ball.
:roll:

Conditions were not so good up there in East Lansing... I'm not confident a backup and a punt returner that can play some defense are the answer. Do you have any idea how bad that sounds as a proposal?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:04 am

I think a lot of folks are jumping to conclusions prematurely on O'Korn.

A single game - with horrible weather to boot - isn't exactly an adequate sample from which to draw conclusions.

Putting Speight out there if he's still hurt would be a big mistake, IMO.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:30 am

Ohio state opens as a 7 point favorite...

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:40 am

MWmetalhead wrote:I think a lot of folks are jumping to conclusions prematurely on O'Korn.

A single game - with horrible weather to boot - isn't exactly an adequate sample from which to draw conclusions.

Putting Speight out there if he's still hurt would be a big mistake, IMO.
Sounds like theres a good chance Speight starts...

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:56 am

Matt wrote:Sounds like theres a good chance Speight starts...
then the question is how healthy is he? One would assume something less than 100%. So if he does start I won't find joy in the fact till he starts playing and we see how well he can perform.

testing...testing...1...2...3...4

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:19 pm

Harbaugh is going to play the guy who gives the team the best shot to win. He knows a thing or two about quarterbacks.

To be honest, my only concern going into the game is the last 14 games of the series. I do think Michigan should be able to beat them and I think they are a better team, but Ohio State has had their number for so long.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:31 pm

Matt wrote:Harbaugh is going to play the guy who gives the team the best shot to win. He knows a thing or two about quarterbacks.

To be honest, my only concern going into the game is the last 14 games of the series. I do think Michigan should be able to beat them and I think they are a better team, but Ohio State has had their number for so long.
Plus we are on the road and O'Korn would be destroyed in that environment as a backup in his second start and Harbaugh knows it but never mind that... there's a reason Speight was the starter to begin with: He is the better QB and Harbaugh knows a little bit about quarterbacks...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic