All accepted registrations through July 14 at 7:30a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective June 9, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=30571

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

LMAO - S.O.L. is already in full effect!!!

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

LMAO - S.O.L. is already in full effect!!!

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:48 pm

Eric Ebron is likely out for the entire season:

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/20 ... river_home

Remember, we drafted this injury prone loser with the tenth overall pick.

I'm calling it now - this team will go 4-12.

MEMO TO 89-EX: FIX YOUR SHITTY SOUNDING AUDIO!! WE CAN HARDLY HEAR THE FRIGGIN' STATION! Thanks in advance.

Deleted User 8570

Re: LMAO - S.O.L. is already in full effect!!!

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:25 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:Eric Ebron is likely out for the entire season:

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/20 ... river_home

Remember, we drafted this injury prone loser with the tenth overall pick.

I'm calling it now - this team will go 4-12.
I'll go 9-7.

originalzzmfmjock

Post by originalzzmfmjock » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:03 pm

4-12. For the Lions that's a successful season !!!!!!!!!

Willie108

Post by Willie108 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:31 am

0-16. The time is NOW(Not One Win).

R J Fletcher

Post by R J Fletcher » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:26 pm

1-15.

They play the Jagturds, so there's the solitary win.

SoupySez

Post by SoupySez » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:53 pm

R J Fletcher wrote:1-15.

They play the Jagturds, so there's the solitary win.
Maybe not, supposedly the Jags are improved and in a couple of predictions are picked to beat the Lions.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:12 pm

Blew a decent size lead.

Regained the lead in the fourth.

Missed an extra point.

Indy scores a TD with about :47 left to take a 1 point lead.

Sure had ALL the makings of an S.O.L contest....season opener style!!! (Had some similarities to the San Diego game...was that one last year?)

But those f*ckers -- and Indy's putrid defense -- dashed my hopes. DAMN IT. I'll give the Lions some credit for that final drive of theirs.

MEMO TO 89-EX: FIX YOUR SHITTY SOUNDING AUDIO!! WE CAN HARDLY HEAR THE FRIGGIN' STATION! Thanks in advance.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:38 pm

That stupid tub of lard, Bob Wojnowski, on his Twitter *complimented* Caldwell for saving all three time outs until the Lions final possession and not using *any* of them during Indy's second-to-last possession.

While it didn't come back to bite the Lions in the ass, allowing the clock to run all the way down to :47 seconds during that Indy drive was downright STUPID on the Lions' part.

Wojo - PLEASE RETIRE. You fucking suck. (That's a shame, too, because you used to be a damn good writer with decent takes most of the time.)

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:51 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:That stupid tub of lard, Bob Wojnowski, on his Twitter *complimented* Caldwell for saving all three time outs until the Lions final possession and not using *any* of them during Indy's second-to-last possession.

While it didn't come back to bite the Lions in the ass, allowing the clock to run all the way down to :47 seconds during that Indy drive was downright STUPID on the Lions' part.

Wojo - PLEASE RETIRE. You fucking suck. (That's a shame, too, because you used to be a damn good writer with decent takes most of the time.)
Actually where Indy was with a minute and 50 to go (down deep in Lions territory) would have made it incredibly stupid to waste the timeouts. It was very clear Indy would score and they needed all three to get back into field goal range. If they didn't have all three of them they would have lost. At no time did I think watching that that they needed to take timeouts and help Indy think about it. That would have been stupid. For once they managed to not blow it... The offense looked good... The defense needs help...

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:05 pm

I disagree completely.

Colts used a timeout late in their drive, which helped the Lions (otherwise there would have been even less time than :47).

Some are criticizing Lions players for not getting out-of-bounds on their scoring drive. Given the fact they had three time-outs (and knew it), I say do whatever is necessary to gain maximum yardage.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:20 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:I disagree completely.

Colts used a timeout late in their drive, which helped the Lions (otherwise there would have been even less time than :47).

Some are criticizing Lions players for not getting out-of-bounds on their scoring drive. Given the fact they had three time-outs (and knew it), I say do whatever is necessary to gain maximum yardage.
Stafford wanted them out of bounds twice so that they could have run 2 more plays and gotten closer than they did while having that last timeout. The dumb part was using the last one and then going for it one more time (though they did it to wind clock). Either way a SOL turned into a win. It's a rare thing. Next up is Tennessee at home where we are favored by 5.5 at the moment.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:37 am

I am with NS8401 in that I though management of the timeouts was well played. Timeouts are crucial to an end of game drive. With 3 timeouts they got in field-goal position in 25 seconds.

As to blowing a big lead, I learned a long time ago that in the NFL it doesn't matter how you win only that you do.
Ain't nobody voting you in to the playoffs in the NFL.

testing...testing...1...2...3...4

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:02 am

I say Detroit managed their timeouts well CONSIDERING that Indy was in such a hurry to score. Indy didn't seem to be try to run the clock down to next to nothing, and as pointed out they even took a timeout. Why should Detroit take a timeout if Indy is taking it for them?

Maybe an argument can be made that they should have used ONE of those timeouts inside of about 1:30 but oh well.....it worked out well.

In the end, it was Indy's poor late-game clock management that cost THEM the game, by scoring too soon.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:51 am

It "worked out well" because Pagano used one of HIS timeouts and there was also a booth review.

Had Pagano not stopped the clock, things could've turned out much differently. Bottom line...Colts gave the Lions too much time on the clock. They bungled things worse than the Lions did, and to his credit, Stafford put together a masterful drive.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:15 pm

SAME OLD LIONS!!!! That was great. I laughed my ass off.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic