Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Picks to go to the Super Bowl

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
kager

Re: Picks to go to the Super Bowl

Post by kager » Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:00 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:53 pm
Detroit fans cheering for Stafford are... Special.

While it's true that the Lions are a shit organization, he had a good amount of talent around him at times and did nothing of significance.
Thankfully, I am fan of neither.

I've lived in Da Mitt long enough to see far more talented people than Stafford playing for the Lions not getting anything worth talking about because they do so.

The Lions are the Hindenburg of football teams, so go ahead and give someone crap for recognizing that and making a move to live.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:06 pm

With the Lions, Stafford was never "clutch" in the biggest games. Definitely a source of frustration.

There is also the season about a decade ago where Stafford was out of shape and played like he didn't give two shits.

However, Stafford by no means was the biggest reason for the team's futility during his time here.

Running game was generally crap. Offensive line was generally crap. Coaching was generally crap.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

kager

Post by kager » Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:08 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:06 pm
Running game was generally crap. Offensive line was generally crap. Coaching was generally crap.
Maybe not in that order, but agreed.
"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:09 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
With the Lions, Stafford was never "clutch" in the biggest games. Definitely a source of frustration.

There is also the season about a decade ago where Stafford was out of shape and played like he didn't give two shits.

However, Stafford by no means was the biggest reason for the team's futility during his time here.

He wasn't really clutch today either - he had an easy pick dropped late in the game.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:33 pm

kager wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:00 pm
Matt wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:53 pm
Detroit fans cheering for Stafford are... Special.

While it's true that the Lions are a shit organization, he had a good amount of talent around him at times and did nothing of significance.
Thankfully, I am fan of neither.

I've lived in Da Mitt long enough to see far more talented people than Stafford playing for the Lions not getting anything worth talking about because they do so.

The Lions are the Hindenburg of football teams, so go ahead and give someone crap for recognizing that and making a move to live.
Not often I agree with you, but you are 100% right on this one. Hate the Lions and love Stafford for his talent. He deserves a Super Bowl.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:57 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:09 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:

He wasn't really clutch today either - he had an easy pick dropped late in the game.
Idiotic take. He also had 2 touchdowns perfectly thrown that were dropped before that.
The censorship king from out of state.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:37 pm

Good grief Matt - take your hatred of Stafford elsewhere. You sound like an idiot here bashing him.

Of the 3 biggest quarterbacks in the league - Aaron Rodgers and Patrick Mahomes choked. Tom Brady led a miracle comeback, but at the end of the day, Stafford got it done then, and he got it done again today.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:44 am

Is Stafford better than Mahomes? No, but he uses his weapons around him and made some clutch throws. Let's also remember that he is past his prime at this age. He can still sling it most of the time. He went through hell for being with the Liedowns this whole time. He deserves to win now.

Also, major props to Burrow. Definitely did not having him winning the day over Mahomes, but he got it done again.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:11 am

Stafford is a good QB but he is not a great QB. He has so many weapons in L.A. Hell, Goff had one great season out there with fewer weapons than what Stafford now enjoys.

Rams' defensive intensity really picked up toward the end of the regular season and has continued into the postseason.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:14 am

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:35 pm
Still, who thought Cincy had a prayer when they were down 21-3? Not a soul on earth. The Bengals D was FANTASTIC 2nd half.
I certainly didn't! The rout was on, I thought to myself. HA!
I couldn't be happier; I've pretty much had my fill of the oily, eely, slippery Patrick Mahomes, he of the insufferable "Patrick Price" and other imponderables. :razz Joe Burrow is da man!

And what can you say about Matt Stafford? Even when he had the opportunity to give away the game, the football gods interceded! :smokin He and the Rams are the team of destiny!
"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:19 am

Will laugh like hell if second year QB Burrow takes the Bengals to a world title. I'd love to see it happen.

People around here were still talking about Stafford's "development" in year 6 and year 7. LOL

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:35 am

bmw wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:37 pm
Good grief Matt - take your hatred of Stafford elsewhere. You sound like an idiot here bashing him.

Of the 3 biggest quarterbacks in the league - Aaron Rodgers and Patrick Mahomes choked. Tom Brady led a miracle comeback, but at the end of the day, Stafford got it done then, and he got it done again today.
Stafford ballwashers are pathetic.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:49 am

Matt wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:35 am
bmw wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:37 pm

Stafford ballwashers are pathetic.
Stafford is going to the Super Bowl. Mahomes, Brady, and Rodgers are not. What else is there to say?

Yes, I'm well aware that long-term history says something different. But THIS YEAR, Stafford got it done.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:53 am

The Lions didn't get to a Super Bowl because of Stafford
The Rams got to a Super Bowl despite Stafford,
Sincerely, Matt
I no longer directly engage trolls

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:45 am

If Stafford wins in 2 weeks, he's probably headed to Canton despite playing for the worst professional sports franchise in history the majority of his career. He'd have the same number of SB wins and NFC championships as Aaron Rogers, who was handed the NFC North every year. I'm happy for him and hope he gets the ring he deserves.
The censorship king from out of state.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic