Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Michigan sign stealing scandal

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Mega Hertz

Re: Michigan sign stealing scandal

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:06 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:58 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:16 pm
CMU sure is taking its sweet time confirming the identity of the individual wearing sunglasses on its sideline during the MSU game.
They HAVE TO know who it is by now. Just trying to get their story straight as to why he was there.
Wait a minute. Did I miss something? Was CMU or MSU stealing signals or something?

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:36 pm

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/sta ... bDYlA&s=19
Stalions’ attorney, Brad Beckworth of Nix Patterson, told The Athletic on Friday that earlier reports of Stalions being fired were false, and that “Connor is thankful the University corrected that false narrative tonight.”

“As he informed the school earlier today, Connor chose to resign because recent stories regarding his time with the University of Michigan have created a distraction for the team,” Beckworth said. “He hopes his resignation will help the team and coaching staff focus on tomorrow’s game and the remainder of the season. Connor also wants to make it clear that, to his knowledge, neither Coach Harbaugh, nor any other coach or staff member, told anyone to break any rules or were aware of improper conduct regarding the recent allegations of advanced scouting.”

In his own statement provided to The Athletic, Stalions said, “I love the University of Michigan and its football program.”

“And I am extremely grateful for the opportunity I’ve had to work with the incredible student athletes, coach Harbaugh and the other coaches that have been a part of the Michigan football family during my tenure,” Stalions said. “I do not want to be a distraction from what I hope to be a championship run for the team, and I will continue to cheer them on.”
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:52 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:36 pm
Stalions’ attorney, Brad Beckworth of Nix Patterson, told The Athletic on Friday that earlier reports of Stalions being fired were false, and that “Connor is thankful the University corrected that false narrative tonight.”

“As he informed the school earlier today, Connor chose to resign because recent stories regarding his time with the University of Michigan have created a distraction for the team,” Beckworth said. “He hopes his resignation will help the team and coaching staff focus on tomorrow’s game and the remainder of the season. Connor also wants to make it clear that, to his knowledge, neither Coach Harbaugh, nor any other coach or staff member, told anyone to break any rules or were aware of improper conduct regarding the recent allegations of advanced scouting.”

In his own statement provided to The Athletic, Stalions said, “I love the University of Michigan and its football program.”

“And I am extremely grateful for the opportunity I’ve had to work with the incredible student athletes, coach Harbaugh and the other coaches that have been a part of the Michigan football family during my tenure,” Stalions said. “I do not want to be a distraction from what I hope to be a championship run for the team, and I will continue to cheer them on.”
Oh look mom… PR spin.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:59 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:52 pm
Matt wrote:

Oh look mom… PR spin.
That's not PR - that's an official statement.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:04 am

Matt wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:59 pm
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:

Oh look mom… PR spin.
Only a complete naive idiot.....or a Michigan cult member....could possibly believe Harbaugh knew nothing about this.
The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:12 am

Honeyman wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:04 am
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:

Oh look mom… PR spin.
Only a complete naive idiot.....or a Michigan cult member....could possibly believe Harbaugh knew nothing about this.
The 1994 cost savings rule may have been compromised. Big fucking deal. Film gathering is at a low level for a reason.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:20 am

Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:

Oh look mom… PR spin.
Obviously not written by Stallions. Therefore it’s from some PR person or his lawyer. It’s spin.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:34 am

Rate This wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:20 am
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:

Oh look mom… PR spin.
Obviously not written by Stallions. Therefore it’s from some PR person or his lawyer. It’s spin.
He had no need to say ANYTHING. I realize that it doesn't fit your anti-Michigan narrative, but that's life.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:50 am

He resigned to avoid participating in the supposed hearing scheduled to take place yesterday.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:40 am

Just got word from a friend in Ann Arbor that the Big 10 will go after Jim after pressure from the rest of the conference. They have two options at this point: Fire Jim or leave the Big 10 according to my source. Michigan is done for and likely to also face sanctions. Death penalty is unlikely.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:28 am

I have a feeling your source isn't very credible.

Some sort of suspension for Harbaugh next season (probably 2 to 4 games) and a fine for the program are reasonable possibilities.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:52 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:40 am
Just got word from a friend in Ann Arbor that the Big 10 will go after Jim after pressure from the rest of the conference. They have two options at this point: Fire Jim or leave the Big 10 according to my source. Michigan is done for and likely to also face sanctions. Death penalty is unlikely.
Fire Harbaugh without cause or a hearing?
Just say this is your wish....
Mind boggling to me how so many are losing their shit over this....
99% are Sparty's who are 24/7 masturbating over this....
And so happy Tuck has been blown off the headlines and not even mentioned anymore....

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:49 am

lidoshuffle wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:52 am
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:40 am
Fire Harbaugh without cause or a hearing?
Just say this is your wish....
Mind boggling to me how so many are losing their shit over this....
99% are Sparty's who are 24/7 masturbating over this....
And so happy Tuck has been blown off the headlines and not even mentioned anymore....
MCRF is a Michigan supporter. I believe Harbaugh and Michigan are going to be fine. This mob rule bullshit is embarrassing.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Nov 04, 2023 1:59 pm

Nobody outside of the cult in AA and idiot Walmart Wolverines believes Michigan won't get punished. How severely is the only question. My belief is it'll be a pussy 2 game suspension for Jimmy announced Monday, and some ridiculous fine.
The censorship king from out of state.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:22 pm

If any part of this is true, I just can't get over the sheer, unadulterated stupidity. They may as well just have called the NCAA and told them what they were doing. I believe this is a Nixon type of thing. Harbaugh may not have ordered it, he may not have been involved directly, but he had to know. I just can't see a scenario where Harbaugh was completely blind to it.

I think the true test is what happens with Michigan the remainder of this season and the next few seasons. If we get back to 10-2, 9-3 and Roto Rooter Bowl losses, I think that says it all.

I'm still waiting to see how this shakes out.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic