Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Michigan sign stealing scandal

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
craig11152

Re: Michigan sign stealing scandal

Post by craig11152 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:43 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:25 pm
I find the Matt Weiss saga to be far more intriguing:

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/coll ... 332666007/
Which raises a couple questions in my head and the "Scouting Scandal" .
Has the washington Post or anyone else named the so called "outside investigators"? Who are they and who hired them? Did they break any laws accessing whatever computers they accessed?

I no longer directly engage trolls

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:51 am

MasterB wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:47 am
Too me Connor is a superfan I think he is a alone wolf in my opinion. I agree with Deion Sanders Coach Prime that you still got to stop the plays from happening.
If he's a lone wolf, how do you explain the videos of him talking to the OC and DC on the sidelines during games?
The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:23 am

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:51 am
MasterB wrote:
Too me Connor is a superfan I think he is a alone wolf in my opinion. I agree with Deion Sanders Coach Prime that you still got to stop the plays from happening.
If he's a lone wolf, how do you explain the videos of him talking to the OC and DC on the sidelines during games?
He had a skill set - it would have been pretty damn easy for him to misrepresent how he obtained video. No one is checking his source data.
craig11152 wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:43 am
MWmetalhead wrote:

Has the washington Post or anyone else named the so called "outside investigators"? Who are they and who hired them? Did they break any laws accessing whatever computers they accessed?
They have not, but they need to.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:02 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:23 am
Honeyman wrote:
MasterB wrote:
He had a skill set - it would have been pretty damn easy for him to misrepresent how he obtained video. No one is checking his source data.
craig11152 wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:

You understand that not checking where he got VIDEO OF OTHER TEAMS SIGNS makes them sound brain dead right? If he had a season or more worth of games you don’t think they’d have asked once where he keeps getting it all? Just “oh great! More answers!”… Come on man…

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:26 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:02 pm
Matt wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
MasterB wrote:
craig11152 wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:

You understand that not checking where he got VIDEO OF OTHER TEAMS SIGNS makes them sound brain dead right? If he had a season or more worth of games you don’t think they’d have asked once where he keeps getting it all? Just “oh great! More answers!”… Come on man…
It's clear you've never worked in a large organization. Stick to memorizing bus routes and posting poll numbers.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:46 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:26 pm
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
MasterB wrote:
craig11152 wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:

It's clear you've never worked in a large organization. Stick to memorizing bus routes and posting poll numbers.
I would accept that better if he were an unknown... clearly he was VERY VERY known if he's standing next to play callers on the field. Nice try. Not only that but at some point the coordinators might get curious about where this stuff is coming from. So they are either complicit in it or they are absolutely oblivious to what is happening in the program. Neither of those options are good. This guy wasn't a random rogue staffer by any means.

Again to adapt a famous political statement... a member of Michigans staff or a player could murder someone on fifth avenue and you would be incapable of saying a negative thing. You just can't bring yourself to criticize the current slap-dash assembled Michigan program born out of a decade of complete irrelevancy including 5 of the 8 years of the current regime. It just immediately becomes some weird conspiracy theory about the NCAA wanting Michigan out of the way to help the SEC... Gee we know they got rid of Ohio State a long time ago to help the SEC... oh wait.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:26 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:46 pm
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
MasterB wrote:
craig11152 wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:

I would accept that better if he were an unknown... clearly he was VERY VERY known if he's standing next to play callers on the field. Nice try. Not only that but at some point the coordinators might get curious about where this stuff is coming from. So they are either complicit in it or they are absolutely oblivious to what is happening in the program. Neither of those options are good. This guy wasn't a random rogue staffer by any means.

Again to adapt a famous political statement... a member of Michigans staff or a player could murder someone on fifth avenue and you would be incapable of saying a negative thing. You just can't bring yourself to criticize the current slap-dash assembled Michigan program born out of a decade of complete irrelevancy including 5 of the 8 years of the current regime. It just immediately becomes some weird conspiracy theory about the NCAA wanting Michigan out of the way to help the SEC... Gee we know they got rid of Ohio State a long time ago to help the SEC... oh wait.
Since it seems like the only way you can understand something is by comparing something to politics, I'll put it to you like this: This an orchestrated PR campaign against Michigan, akin to Trump's stop the steal morons.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:31 pm

wItCH hUnt!!!!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:37 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:31 pm
wItCH hUnt!!!!!
Pretty much:
Yeah, they are actually. Can confirm that Brian's "Signgate the Third" post looks basically spot on.

1. "Follow the Money" won't lead anywhere. The money indeed came from Stalions' personal funds. Stop biting your fingernails off.

2. No coaches/staff knew anything other than he appeared to be a Ray Babbitt-level savant at deciphering signals from the normal raw materials. This isn't escalating.

3. Only the Vast Network (TM) had the shared Google drive pw, but the drive link was installed on his work computer. Not clear if anyone in Schembechler could potentially have accessed but WaPo took this and spun it in the most click-maximizing, heartburn-inducing way.

4. Besides the manifesto, expect the eventual leak of a much lighter read: a one-page illustrated instruction document for the scouts cleverly codenamed How to Steal Signals because of course it is. Like The Warriors, it's good. Real good. Can you dig it?

Sourcing details have been provided to the MGoProprietors.

Have a great weekend. Breathe.

Sopw/

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:25 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:26 pm
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
MasterB wrote:
craig11152 wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:

Since it seems like the only way you can understand something is by comparing something to politics, I'll put it to you like this: This an orchestrated PR campaign against Michigan, akin to Trump's stop the steal morons.
And they would want to do such a conspiracy because what? Michigan won’t sell come bowl time? Are you kidding? I can do other analogies… for example worshipping Michigan is your religion. Unfortunately for you the facts on the ground give some pretty obvious logic that the folks on your little blog are desperately spinning away in multiple posts in differing directions. You folks are in a panic, that guys breathe comment not withstanding. The idea that nobody knew within the program completely defies logic.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:25 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:25 pm
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
MasterB wrote:
craig11152 wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:

And they would want to do such a conspiracy because what? Michigan won’t sell come bowl time? Are you kidding? I can do other analogies… for example worshipping Michigan is your religion. Unfortunately for you the facts on the ground give some pretty obvious logic that the folks on your little blog are desperately spinning away in multiple posts in differing directions. You folks are in a panic, that guys breathe comment not withstanding. The idea that nobody knew within the program completely defies logic.
There are no facts, just allegations. Wait until the actual facts are established, or keep insisting that the lazy clickbait narrative is correct. It is your choice to act like a buffoon.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:28 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:25 pm
Rate This wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:25 pm
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
MasterB wrote:
craig11152 wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:

There are no facts, just allegations. Wait until the actual facts are established, or keep insisting that the lazy clickbait narrative is correct. It is your choice to act like a buffoon.
Ok… we’ll wait… though thinking this is a hit job seems rather bufoonish…

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:05 pm

Stealing signals is part of the game. But if you are going to steal signals, do it legally.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:43 am

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:03 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:43 am
Interesting wrinkle:

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-vikings ... FYGNJF0p4o
This gets back to my earlier question of where the information, spread sheets, travel itinerary, pictures in stadiums, etc, come from? The afternoon show on 97.1 used the phrase "outside investigators" several times the other day while referencing the Washinton Post story.
It seems odd nobody is curious who the outside investigators are or who paid them. Am I wrong in assuming these initial reports of an elaborate scouting network didn't come from the NCAA but somebody else?
I no longer directly engage trolls

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic