Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Big Ten talk

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
craig11152

Re: Big Ten talk

Post by craig11152 » Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:31 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:24 pm
Fuck this team.

I honestly thought this week would show what kind of coach Tucker is and the quality of players we had. It sure did. A fucking embarrassment. I don't want to take too much away from Minnesota who is a legitimate squad, but to be so completely dominated and embarrassed at home like this sad group of Spartans were today makes me sick to my stomach.

Fuck this team.
An honest question and not trying to be a Michigan a-hole but are you beginning to wonder about Mel as a head coach?
Two years ago I was fed up with Harbaugh and wanted him gone. Then last year happened and I am willing to see what happens going forward.

I no longer directly engage trolls

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:38 pm

Polls this early are largely meaningless, but if close wins against unranked teams are viewed as a derogatory, then Alabama should've been punished harder for barely defeating Texas a couple weeks back. Texas was in the lead until about the final :25 of the game.

P.J. Fleck has proven himself to be an outstanding head coach. He took the dumpster fire WMU Broncos to a big six bowl game and has immediately turned Minnesota into a very respectable program.

Thru the years regarding Maryland, we've periodically talked about that team's Jekyll and Hyde routine, where they often play very good the first half of the year then crap the bed the second half of the year.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:41 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:31 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:24 pm
Fuck this team.

I honestly thought this week would show what kind of coach Tucker is and the quality of players we had. It sure did. A fucking embarrassment. I don't want to take too much away from Minnesota who is a legitimate squad, but to be so completely dominated and embarrassed at home like this sad group of Spartans were today makes me sick to my stomach.

Fuck this team.
An honest question and not trying to be a Michigan a-hole but are you beginning to wonder about Mel as a head coach?
Two years ago I was fed up with Harbaugh and wanted him gone. Then last year happened and I am willing to see what happens going forward.
After today...yes. I was a believer, and even after the egg they laid last week, I was still in his corner. I really thought this week would show what the program was made of. Never in my wildest nightmares did I think I'd witness this John L. type of shit show at Spartan stadium again.

The censorship king from out of state.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:44 pm

Spartans finally score with :17 to play in the game.

I was thinking the Gophers would likely win today, but I was expecting a much closer final score.

I was also surprised by how well Mayland played on both sides of the ball. Was thinking Michigan would win by about 20 before kickoff. Maryland's defensive backs played especially well.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:49 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:44 pm
Spartans finally score with :17 to play in the game.
Woo-hoo. :rolleyes :barf

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:23 pm

Who do you think will start at QB against Maryland next week?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:18 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:23 pm
Who do you think will start at QB against Maryland next week?
I'd play Kim and see what he's got. As bad as we were completely today, there were 2 times we could have made it a game. Payne overthrew a wide open Reed or we could have gone in 17-7 at the half, getting the kickoff. His fumble on the first drive of the second half completely ended things. Inexcusable on a 1st down in that situation.

This season is lost. Let's see what Kim or Hauser have.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:41 pm

After that first drive when MSU fumbled I just had it in the background and stopped watching only flipped it from time to time just to see if MSU had scored did see the touchdown at the end of the game. I watched the Texas VS Texas Tech game.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:31 am

I wouldn't be so quick to crap on MSU. Mel will right that ship. You still have all of your goals in front of you, minus the national championship/playoff.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:48 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:31 am
I wouldn't be so quick to crap on MSU. Mel will right that ship. You still have all of your goals in front of you, minus the national championship/playoff.
What are you smoking?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:52 am

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:48 am
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:31 am
What are you smoking?
Minnesota is a good team. Michigan fans would be stupid to gloat.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:30 am

Right now, Minnesota definitely is playing the best ball of any team in the West division.

Willie108

Post by Willie108 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:34 am

They gave Tucker this big contract and what happens??? The team craps the bed. Last year was a big fluke. That game reminded me of John L., and going back farther...Muddy Waters. They did the same thing after MSU let George Perles hold them up after winning the Rose Bowl. They should have offered the moon, the stars, and the keys to East Lansing to Luke Fickel. Money talks...look what he's done down at Cincy. Geez...they got Dantonio from Cincy.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:29 pm

Actually, they offered Fickel but he turned them down.

2023 recruiting class is the best in decades, and perhaps ever...provided the commits stick around after seeing this year's shitshow. We simply have to ride out Mel for a while because of the dollars involved and pray he can turn this around. I'm a loyal and true Spartan, but clearly not optimistic. Injuries have been a factor, but it's inconceivable to be how uncompetitive this team has been the last two weeks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:20 pm

Escaping the kinnick house of horrors AND covering the spread? I'll take it!

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic