Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Fired Dolphins coach Brian Flores sues NFL, alleges Dolphins owner offered him $100k per game to tank

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
bmw

Fired Dolphins coach Brian Flores sues NFL, alleges Dolphins owner offered him $100k per game to tank

Post by bmw » Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:31 pm

Pretty damning stuff if true:
According to the lawsuit, Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross told Flores he would pay him $100,000 for every loss during the coach’s first season because he wanted the club to “tank” so it could get the draft’s top pick.

The lawsuit alleged that Ross then pressured Flores to recruit a prominent quarterback in violation of the league’s tampering rules. When Flores refused, he was cast as the “angry Black man” who is difficult to work with and was derided until he was fired, the suit said.
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/FBN-B ... d/1055063/

I was a bit surprised when the Dolphins fired him after their strong finish to the season, winning I think it was 7 straight games and nearly making the playoffs.

Motown322

Re: Fired Dolphins coach Brian Flores sues NFL, alleges Dolphins owner offered him $100k per game to tank

Post by Motown322 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:37 pm

Ross being an investor in a sports gambling startup company and then incentivizing his coach to lose games just might cost Ross that franchise. That's an ENORMOUS issue IMO.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Fired Dolphins coach Brian Flores sues NFL, alleges Dolphins owner offered him $100k per game to tank

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:41 pm

How in the world does the NFL not forbid owners from having a stake in a gambling company? This is much worse than Pete Rose.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:22 am

Brian Flores should be suing just the Dolphins and Ross not the 32 NFL teams which is baseless and without merit as well. Flores isn't going to be head coach of an NFL team because of this lawsuit Ross was wrong to fire Brian Flores one of the better coaches with the Pats.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:26 am

According to the lawsuit, Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross told Flores he would pay him $100,000 for every loss during the coach’s first season because he wanted the club to “tank” so it could get the draft’s top pick.
I have always found the whole "sports talk radio" theme of tanking to be curious.
Players will never tank. Its not in there DNA.
Coaches would only tank under orders from an owner or GM.
In that case it should be measurable by players benched or playing as well as play calling I suppose.
I no longer directly engage trolls

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic