Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The Pistons need to fire Dwane Casey

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

The Pistons need to fire Dwane Casey

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:23 am

He is a complete disaster as head coach. Game plan is unfocused. Team fails to respond when needed. Blew an 18 point lead against a bad OKC team last night.

Why is the MSM silent on his ineptitude???

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

moldyoldie

Re: The Pistons need to fire Dwane Casey

Post by moldyoldie » Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:53 pm

Four of the Pistons' top seven players in minutes have fewer than two seasons of NBA experience, and a fifth, Frank Jackson, was on a two-way contract last season. This is what a total rebuild looks like. Casey seems to have the right temperament for such a situation.

What's missing are NBA veterans like Plumlee, Rose, et al. Stewart and Bey, especially, are suffering through horrendous sophomore slumps. Some of these shots I'm seeing defy explanation! I think they truly miss Plumlee in the middle.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:58 am

Why? Because the coaching carousel treated the Pistons SO WELL last decade?

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:41 pm

he's doing exactly what he needs to do... secure another lottery pick. Last thing they need to do is spend another 10+ years in NBA purgatory where you're too shitty win a playoff game but not shitty enough to get a good lottery pick. Get another top 3 pick and keep building this thing up. They can't do it through free agency.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:20 am

Motown322 wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:41 pm
he's doing exactly what he needs to do... secure another lottery pick. Last thing they need to do is spend another 10+ years in NBA purgatory where you're too shitty win a playoff game but not shitty enough to get a good lottery pick. Get another top 3 pick and keep building this thing up. They can't do it through free agency.
He already wrote off Cunningham after a handful of games.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:31 am

Matt wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:20 am
Motown322 wrote:
WHAAAT?!?!? :eek Matt, what've you been sniffing? Cunningham is averaging 32 minutes and over 15 points a game! The starting guards, he and Killian Hayes, are only 20 years old! Hayes is the one folks may be writing off, shooting under 32%.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:48 am

moldyoldie wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:31 am
Matt wrote:
Motown322 wrote:
WHAAAT?!?!? :eek Matt, what've you been sniffing? Cunningham is averaging 32 minutes and over 15 points a game! The starting guards, he and Killian Hayes, are only 20 years old! Hayes is the one folks may be writing off, shooting under 32%.
Not me, MW.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:50 am

Matt wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:48 am
moldyoldie wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:31 am
Matt wrote:
Motown322 wrote:
Not me, MW.
Ah, my apologies, I thought you meant Casey wrote him off. Mr. Metalhead, what've you been sniffing? :razz :lol

- Sydney J. Harris

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:16 am

Cunningham is 19 years old... he'll be fine; missing the preseason wasn't ideal but he looks to me like he's improving each night. Hayes is complete garbage and I don't think there's a lot of room in the NBA for a PG that can't shoot and plays half-assed defense. Is he young still? Sure... but the issues he had last season before the injury are the same ones he has now.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:29 am

Motown322 wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:16 am
Cunningham is 19 years old...
Born September 25, 2001...20 years old. :blink

- Sydney J. Harris

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:53 pm

moldyoldie wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:29 am
Are you Cowboy??? :rollin

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:52 pm

Motown322 wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:53 pm
moldyoldie wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:29 am
Are you Cowboy??? :rollin
:?: :?

- Sydney J. Harris

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:25 pm

To say I wrote him off is an exaggeration. I simply stated, in hindsight, Evan Mobley would've been a better pick and has a better chance of reaching superstar status. I said the extent of Cunningham's upside is murkier and it is possible he will simply be a "decent player."

Post in question can be found here:
https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 21&t=58937

Cunningham might be scoring 15 or 16 points a game, but his 3-point shooting is not very good and he is turning the ball over a TON, especially over the last few weeks.

Dwane Casey is a lousy coach. If he were good, he'd still have his job in Toronto.

The fact the Pistons are en route to another likely top 3 overall draft pick is the one silver lining this season brings.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

MichMash

Post by MichMash » Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:33 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:25 pm
Dwane Casey is a lousy coach. If he were good, he'd still have his job in Toronto.
I always found it interesting that, even though his last couple of Raptors teams were pretty good, they didn't win their title until the year AFTER Casey was let go. Always thought there was more to it than just bringing in Kawhi Leonard.

Local MSM fawns over Casey. Seems like a nice guy, he's decent in interviews. Whenever 97.1 has him on, the hosts just gush over him. Too bad he won't be the coach of the next good Pistons team.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:59 am

Extremely well stated.

This also gives me an opportunity to mention that yet another Pistons double digit lead vanished last night, ultimately leading to a loss, against another really lousy team (the Pelicans).

The Pistons look undisciplined and all too often do not play good team basketball. The blame for that lies squarely on the coaching staff's shoulders, in my opinion.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic