Acceptable registrations in the queue through October 4 at 9:15a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Detroit Lions 2021

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Mega Hertz
Posts: 1602
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: Detroit Lions 2021

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:13 pm

km1125 wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:34 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:54 pm
A thought I had on the 4 hour hour drive back to Brighton today while listening to the different Lions affiliates (95.3 The Bear sounded great!)

In order to have a "rebuild", doesn't that mean you have had to win something? Maybe like a Super Bowl? Or even be deep into the playoffs year after year? How is it a rebuild when there was never much there to begin with? I mean, I don't think the Lions have had 12+ wins in my lifetime, if ever. IIRC, we got 11 one season, though I could be wrong at 10.

Regardless, how can you rebuild something that was never really built in the first place? Does 9-7 and getting ran out in the first round count as being built? 😂
Well, they did win in 1934, didn't they?
Shit. Slipped my mind 😂


"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 6205
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: Detroit Lions 2021

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:45 pm

I have to admit - after seeing highlights of the post game presser, I am tempted to feel bad for Dan Campbell. The season is clearly taking an emotional toll, and he at least seems like a good dude.

On the other hand, his or his staff's coaching decisions during Minnesota's last possession are a big reason the Lions lost yesterday. The prevent defense stinks as a strategy.


HD Radio = Highly Defective Radio

Matt
Posts: 5068
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:18 pm
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: Detroit Lions 2021

Post by Matt » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:42 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:45 pm
I have to admit - after seeing highlights of the post game presser, I am tempted to feel bad for Dan Campbell. The season is clearly taking an emotional toll, and he at least seems like a good dude.

On the other hand, his or his staff's coaching decisions during Minnesota's last possession are a big reason the Lions lost yesterday. The prevent defense stinks as a strategy.
Blaming a first year coach in a throwaway season is pointless.



User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 6205
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: Detroit Lions 2021

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:47 am

This team would be terrible under any coach right now; that's true.


HD Radio = Highly Defective Radio

SoutheastMIViewer
Posts: 130
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:19 pm
Location: The Hills

Re: Detroit Lions 2021

Post by SoutheastMIViewer » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:11 am

Matt wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:42 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:45 pm
I have to admit - after seeing highlights of the post game presser, I am tempted to feel bad for Dan Campbell. The season is clearly taking an emotional toll, and he at least seems like a good dude.

On the other hand, his or his staff's coaching decisions during Minnesota's last possession are a big reason the Lions lost yesterday. The prevent defense stinks as a strategy.
Blaming a first year coach in a throwaway season is pointless.
And yet you lions fanboys blame Matt Patrica as a first year coach. Saying he destroyed the team. :roll:

Team was already destroyed before matt patrica and even before Matt Millen.


If you don’t have a mask covering your exhaust pipe on the car, you are not trying to stop global warming by preventing the harmful emission particles from spraying out!

User avatar
moldyoldie
Posts: 684
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:04 am
Location: On that thar' interweb jobber

Re: Detroit Lions 2021

Post by moldyoldie » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:37 am

On that "strength of the team" O-Line: LT Taylor Decker is returning, but All-Pro center Frank Ragnow is out for the season following toe surgery.
Also, WR Tyrell Williams is expected to return, but WR Quintez Cephus will be out for several weeks with a broken collarbone.

As to drafting a first round QB next year, is there really anyone out there worthy? This Rattler kid at Oklahoma was benched in their amazing comeback against Texas. I don't know much about Sam Howell at North Carolina.
SoutheastMIViewer wrote:And yet you lions fanboys blame Matt Patrica as a first year coach. Saying he destroyed the team.
It was painfully obvious from the beginning that the team wasn't gonna "play" for him, a bad situation that never got better. The same can't be said of Campbell...so far.


"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

SoutheastMIViewer
Posts: 130
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:19 pm
Location: The Hills

Re: Detroit Lions 2021

Post by SoutheastMIViewer » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:17 am

moldyoldie wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:37 am
SoutheastMIViewer wrote:And yet you lions fanboys blame Matt Patrica as a first year coach. Saying he destroyed the team.
It was painfully obvious from the beginning that the team wasn't gonna "play" for him, a bad situation that never got better. The same can't be said of Campbell...so far.
Owner has been very quiet after that big statement back in Nov 2020. So far we can say the same under Campbell.

Image


If you don’t have a mask covering your exhaust pipe on the car, you are not trying to stop global warming by preventing the harmful emission particles from spraying out!

Matt
Posts: 5068
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:18 pm
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: Detroit Lions 2021

Post by Matt » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:43 am

SoutheastMIViewer wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:11 am
Matt wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:42 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:45 pm
I have to admit - after seeing highlights of the post game presser, I am tempted to feel bad for Dan Campbell. The season is clearly taking an emotional toll, and he at least seems like a good dude.

On the other hand, his or his staff's coaching decisions during Minnesota's last possession are a big reason the Lions lost yesterday. The prevent defense stinks as a strategy.
Blaming a first year coach in a throwaway season is pointless.
And yet you lions fanboys blame Matt Patrica as a first year coach. Saying he destroyed the team. :roll:

Team was already destroyed before matt patrica and even before Matt Millen.
I don't give a fuck about the Lions.



bmw
Posts: 3616
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:02 am

Re: Detroit Lions 2021

Post by bmw » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:20 pm

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that the Lions get their first win today. Score of 27-20.



User avatar
Honeyman
Posts: 2880
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:44 pm

Re: Detroit Lions 2021

Post by Honeyman » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:52 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:20 pm
I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that the Lions get shutout for their first time today. Score of 27-0.
FIFY


LMAO...............so says ............... YOU!

TC Shuts Up - you are such a fool.

bmw
Posts: 3616
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:02 am

Re: Detroit Lions 2021

Post by bmw » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:00 pm

This is brutal.



User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 6205
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: Detroit Lions 2021

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:38 pm

Your score prediction wasn't far off.

Goff and Campbell each said the right things in the post game presser today.

That said, I'm not expecting a Lions win anytime soon.

Mediocre run game. Garbage for receivers. Average QB. Rookie head coach. Not a winning formula.


HD Radio = Highly Defective Radio

km1125
Posts: 2098
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:09 pm

Re: Detroit Lions 2021

Post by km1125 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:15 pm

Just started seeing the "driven by Detroit" Lions commercials. How long have they been running those?

Being winless so far.... What does that say about those that are driving?



matt1
Posts: 1519
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:53 pm

Re: Detroit Lions 2021

Post by matt1 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:18 am

They will lose against the L.A. Rams & the Lions will go 7 straight losses or make that 11 losses in a row!!!



User avatar
moldyoldie
Posts: 684
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:04 am
Location: On that thar' interweb jobber

Re: Detroit Lions 2021

Post by moldyoldie » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:21 am

Next week against Stafford and the Rams may be worse than Joey Harrington connecting on three TD passes for Miami on Thanksgiving. :?


"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic