Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

UM missed signs of abusive doctor---ESPN

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Honeyman

UM missed signs of abusive doctor---ESPN

Post by Honeyman » Tue May 11, 2021 3:35 pm

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/sto ... ive-doctor

Several football players told legendary former football coach Schembechler about being sexually assaulted by Robert Anderson's behavior, the report says. A member of the football team in the late 1970s told police he asked legendary coach “soon” after the exam, “What’s up with the finger in the butt treatment by Dr. Anderson?”

Schembechler's reax?

He told the player to "toughen up" according to the report.

The football building should be renamed tomorrow.

The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Re: UM missed signs of abusive doctor---ESPN

Post by Matt » Tue May 11, 2021 4:39 pm

https://regents.umich.edu/governance/an ... -anderson/

I'm not sure Bo is as much to blame as Canham or Easthope. I've only scanned the report so far, so that is subject to change.

It is clear that U-M took this investigation seriously - the other B1G institution in this state needs to follow the lead.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

jadednihilist

Post by jadednihilist » Tue May 11, 2021 5:00 pm

I can tell you from the inside, universities are still astonishingly far from adequately equipped to manage allegations of abuse. Given the prevalence systemic failures in these high-profile cases, one would think these institutions would place more effort in both prevention and responses to incidents.

I'm here for a good, hearty debate, to agree and disagree respectfully, and commiserate on the current state of terrestrial radio.

Realist

Post by Realist » Tue May 11, 2021 9:19 pm

Brother in law works for UM DPS. The stories he’s told me about the incompetence from not only his management at DPS, but also their treatment of football team members, would make your jaw drop.

Then again, I’m thinking this isn’t the only big university where this 💩 happens

G G

Post by G G » Wed May 12, 2021 12:12 am

So was Bo a faggot or did he just excuse faggots molesting the "student body"? Either way, that statue should come down.

Disgusting!

Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed May 12, 2021 6:02 am

The stories he’s told me about the incompetence from not only his management at DPS, but also their treatment of football team members, would make your jaw drop.
The most obvious example - Brendan Gibbons.

He should've been arrested, and charges should've been sent to the county prosecutor.

I do not know if "incompetence" is the right word. "Corruption" is perhaps a better word.

As for Bo, perhaps he assumed (very wrongly) that Dr. Anderson was performing a routine prostate exam as opposed to something much more sinister.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Wed May 12, 2021 7:47 am

I don't know what Bo knew or didn't know but this plays in to my contention that nothing should be named after or built to honor anybody who hasn't been dead for at least 200 years. That way the chances of any newly discovered scandal is close to zero.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed May 12, 2021 9:21 am

craig11152 wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 7:47 am
I don't know what Bo knew or didn't know but this plays in to my contention that nothing should be named after or built to honor anybody who hasn't been dead for at least 200 years. That way the chances of any newly discovered scandal is close to zero.
Some people want to cancel Thomas Jefferson.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Wed May 12, 2021 9:35 am

Matt wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 9:21 am
craig11152 wrote:
Yes but not based on new information. Just old information and a new cancel culture. Seems Butt Hurt is more contagious than Covid19

I no longer directly engage trolls

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed May 12, 2021 9:56 am

craig11152 wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 9:35 am
Matt wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 9:21 am
craig11152 wrote:
Yes but not based on new information. Just old information and a new cancel culture. Seems Butt Hurt is more contagious than Covid19
We will have to let Julius Caesar know that he was cancelled. We’ll have to figure out when first.

Eventually people move on from whatever names they give things and go on to other things. Henry the 8th stadium isn’t exactly in vogue either.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed May 12, 2021 5:25 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 6:02 am
The stories he’s told me about the incompetence from not only his management at DPS, but also their treatment of football team members, would make your jaw drop.
The most obvious example - Brendan Gibbons.

He should've been arrested, and charges should've been sent to the county prosecutor.

I do not know if "incompetence" is the right word. "Corruption" is perhaps a better word.

As for Bo, perhaps he assumed (very wrongly) that Dr. Anderson was performing a routine prostate exam as opposed to something much more sinister.
How often does an 18-23 year old require a "routine" prostate exam?

jadednihilist

Post by jadednihilist » Thu May 13, 2021 11:45 am

Realist wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 9:19 pm
Brother in law works for UM DPS. The stories he’s told me about the incompetence from not only his management at DPS, but also their treatment of football team members, would make your jaw drop.

Then again, I’m thinking this isn’t the only big university where this 💩 happens
Agreed on both counts, as well as MW's insinuation of corruption (in the broadest sense of the word). This definitely isn't just a Big 10 problem. It seems like every major institution plays by the same book when it comes to coverups and PR - and they invariably get exposed in the same way.

I never understood why institutions feel the need to cover up bad apples. While people make up the institutions, their core values are less dependent on any single individual. It's not the institution's fault they hired a bad apple; there's no fool proof way to filter them out before being hired. To me, the best PR would be complete transparency in dealing with these incidents, while of course giving everyone their fair shot of due process.

I'm here for a good, hearty debate, to agree and disagree respectfully, and commiserate on the current state of terrestrial radio.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu May 13, 2021 9:01 pm

How often does an 18-23 year old require a "routine" prostate exam?
Probably never, hence my usage of "very wrongly" in my earlier post.

The way U-M behaved relative to Anderson in the 70s / 80s / 90s reminds me a LOT of how the Catholic Church has behaved over several decades regarding pedophiles and perverts in the priesthood.

I have a feeling there are other coaches out there who were acutely aware of Anderson's vile conduct.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic