Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

death to 'doorbusters'

A forum devoted to the Advertising Industry. A place not just to discuss the ads you see & hear, but also the business side of the industry.
kager

death to 'doorbusters'

Post by kager » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:55 am

Time to excise this term from advertising.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Calvert DeForest

Re: death to 'doorbusters'

Post by Calvert DeForest » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:07 am

I've always viewed that word with a negative connotation. It conjures up an image of people breaking down doors and rushing aisles to save a few bucks on this item or that before the "limited supply" disappears.

Black Friday is a marketing myth that has been dis-proven in multiple retail studies. Prices are actually better around mid-October when retailers clear inventory to make room for new shipments ahead of the Christmas shopping season. Not to mention the whole idea behind Black Friday is basically bait-and-switch. Get customers in the store with temporary deals on limited-supply items that they may not be able to get if the supply runs out. Once in the store the customer can be directed to a similar item at a higher price. Customer doesn't want to leave empty-handed, so the item moves and the store makes the sale.

To quote the late Doug Henning....it's an illusion!

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

Ed Joseph

Re: death to 'doorbusters'

Post by Ed Joseph » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:34 pm

Another I wouldn't care if I never heard again is "____palooza".

I confirm all my information through a high, white whore's souse!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic