Notice to all Buzzboard readers & posters: A requested server migration took place Saturday evening. Unfortunately, I did not re-point my DNS records to the new server until roughly 7:45p ET on Monday, November 12. As a result, any posts and new user registrations occurring between the nighttime hours of 11/10 and approximately 7:45p ET on Monday, 11/12 have been lost.

This was unavoidable, and the longer I waited to re-point to the new server, the greater the number of posts that would've been lost.

Please feel free to resubmit any threads / posts you created. They will NOT be lost this time! Many thanks for your patience these past couple of weeks while I've worked to migrate the Buzzboard to a more secure, more robust platform.

Check out the Buzzboard's newest forum - the Buzzboard Marketplace! Find it here: http://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=31

2016 Political Spots

A forum devoted to the Advertising Industry. A place not just to discuss the ads you see & hear, but also the business side of the industry.
SolarMax

2016 Political Spots

Post by SolarMax » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:59 pm

Here we go... it's time to begin the thread on what will become an incessant barrage of awful advertising on TV and radio, what with various primaries coming up, leading up to the general in November.

A spot has begun airing for the congressional candidacy of Republican Paul Mitchell. "Common sense conservative' Mitchell is running on his record of being an anti-tax advocate, among other things. An annoying trend in these kinds of spots is that nowhere is it mentioned what congressional district Mr. Mitchell proposes to represent. If you're in the target 10th District, fine, but his widely broadcast messages are wasted and annoying to everyone else to whom they don't apply.

sfpcc

Re: 2016 Political Spots

Post by sfpcc » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:55 pm

Isn't Paul Mitchell that guy whose name is on all those hair care products? , (that reminds me I need to wash my hair.)

SolarMax

Re: 2016 Political Spots

Post by SolarMax » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:11 pm

Not that Paul Mitchell. But this one is well-groomed, has nice stereotypical politician white hair.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic