Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Spotify vs. YouTube Premium

A place where record store snobs and casual listeners can unite as one! Discuss latest releases, all-time favorites, and deep cuts.
Plate Cap

Spotify vs. YouTube Premium

Post by Plate Cap » Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:36 pm

I've been a Spotify customer for several years. I like occasional background music, some of the playlists, and the ability to play virtually any song any time. It integrates well with Google Home for background music, and makes a nice companion on bike rides.

I was always amazed at how the algorithm zeroed in on my music taste from my 'liked' songs. Since my 'likes' vary from Tchaikovsky to Whitesnake, that's a tough order, but they did it well.

YouTube is a very-often TV watch for me. Lots to learn, many interesting items to watch. I became irritated with the ads, and looked into the premium plan.

A little checking showed that I could get YouTube Premium with no ads on the YouTube platform, along with included YouTube music for 139.99 a year, and with a paid in advance year, it drops to $119. I was paying $139.88 a year for Spotify and got only the music.

Spotify was cancelled, and since I had a few days left on the sub, I used the 'favorites' list on Spotify to list and 'like' the same on YouTube music. Took about 2 hours; it went smoothly.

The algorithm is even better on YouTube, and the thing is now playing just what I like, along with YouTube movies and regular fare with no spots for a $20 a year savings.

Go ahead TT with your line, but nothing beats hearing just what you like, commercial free, with no interruptions, along with the added ability to call up any song from just about ever, along with spot free YouTube. Oh, yeah....it will download your likes to the phone to listen when there is no or poor internet.

I'm pleased.

The box that many broadcasters won’t look outside of was made in 1969 and hasn’t changed significantly since.

Mega Hertz

Re: Spotify vs. YouTube Premium

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:11 am

YouTube premium might be one of the best investments I've made. I got so sick and tired of sports betting commercials, beer commercials, all the same garbage over and over again, and now I don't have to hear them anymore. Movies, audiobooks, whole albums, all uninterrupted and commercial free. I got so tired of a 15 second ad, song, 15 second ad, 15 second ad, song...now I just select something and go about my work day.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Taco

Re: Spotify vs. YouTube Premium

Post by Taco » Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:28 pm

Free YouTube is pretty much unwatchable. They made it so bad that it makes you wanna pay for premium. I commend those who resist. I don't know if it has started yet but they were rendering YouTube useless if you are using an ad blocker.
Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic