Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Naomi Judd R.I.P.

A place where record store snobs and casual listeners can unite as one! Discuss latest releases, all-time favorites, and deep cuts.
ChrisWL1980

Naomi Judd R.I.P.

Post by ChrisWL1980 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:58 pm

The mother half of The Judds has passed away at 76. Based on the wording of her daughters' statement, there's speculation she took her own life.
A stunning and crushingly sad day for fans of real country music everywhere.

https://www.savingcountrymusic.com/coun ... ssed-away/

matt1

Re: Naomi Judd R.I.P.

Post by matt1 » Sun May 01, 2022 2:29 am

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sun May 01, 2022 6:45 am

You don't die of "the disease of mental illness".

My 14 months younger brother committed suicide October 12 2020.
He suffered from depression that got to be too much for him. But it wasn't depression that killed him it was driving his car in to a cement bridge support at 70 plus MPH without his seatbelt on.
I don't understand why people dodge the suicide word. It is what it is.

Now if there is some explanation other than suicide for dying of mental illness I will stand corrected.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun May 01, 2022 11:24 am

Sorry to hear about the tragic loss of your brother, Craig. My belated condolences.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sun May 01, 2022 2:52 pm

Thanks TT. I appreciate the thought.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Realist

Post by Realist » Sun May 01, 2022 5:00 pm

When I read the statement yesterday, I immediately thought she committed suicide also.

I was talking to my wife about this. She said she recently saw a performance with Naomi and Winona on TV and Naomi, in her words, looked like death warmed over. She added that Naomi couldn’t stand straight and was leaning on Winona to keep up.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun May 01, 2022 8:08 pm

Sorry for the loss of your brother, Craig.

I don't think "we" can understand the issues of the people battling this depth of depression. We would assume someone like Naomi Judd who has fame, wealth, etc. would be gloriously happy, but obviously not.

I googled a friend I hadn't contacted with in many years, and what came up was his 16 year old daughter committed suicide. Beautiful girl, cheerleader in HS, and knowing her parents, had to assume she was loved and had a very nice family life. But she felt the need to end her life. The story was about my friend who is trying to educate others with teens with similar issues, but it's tough to get your head around it all. Why? What goes thru these people's minds they feel there is no other choice?

The censorship king from out of state.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Mon May 02, 2022 8:18 am

I'd also like to extend my sincere condolences to Craig on the loss of a younger brother. |I

As to Naomi Judd, there's an old saying -- the higher and faster the rise, the harder the fall. The whole thing is a mystery to me as well, but here's some background.

RIP

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic