Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Kid Rock releases new album; America collectively yawns

A place where record store snobs and casual listeners can unite as one! Discuss latest releases, all-time favorites, and deep cuts.
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Kid Rock releases new album; America collectively yawns

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:19 am

LMAO - couldn't even make the Billboard top 200 in its debut week!

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/enter ... 202262001/

Granted, physical copies are not yet available for purchase, but who the hell buys physical recordings of music anymore, aside from vinyl collectors?

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

moldyoldie

Re: Kid Rock releases new album; America collectively yawns

Post by moldyoldie » Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:56 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:19 am
...but who the hell buys physical recordings of music anymore, aside from vinyl collectors?
I do, mostly on CD. Yes, there are a few of us left on this planet. Even with the wide availability of online streaming, I mostly listen to entire albums on an old-fashioned '70s era stereo set-up as well as mp3s I've loaded on my desktop computer. Hell, I even listen to some cassettes I've dubbed in the past! I do listen to and sample individual songs on YouTube, however.

I recognize that listeners to Kid Rock and the like may not be apropos to my leanings.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:36 am

I had an opportunity to go to a Kid Rock concert several years ago. I didn't know but a couple of his songs that were being played frequently on the radio, but went anyways because it was free and a couple friends were going.

Probably the best/most_fun concert I've been to in ~20 years. I was surprised and to me it put him in an entirely different light. Not sure I'd buy the vinyl or CD, but then again I don't do that for most performers.

kager

Post by kager » Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:02 am

I've heard that he 'pays tribute' to his influences and heroes prominently in his songs.

I've heard one - the overplayed "All Summer Long" - and 'pays royalties' is more like it.

Hopefully, plastic costs have risen so much as to make manufacture of permanent tangible products of his output not viable.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

matt1

Post by matt1 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:46 pm

It is # 1 on Apple iTunes though!!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:24 pm

He ruined his own brand.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

kager

Post by kager » Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:58 am

'Any press is good press' is not true, even if it is just a snippet of very slanted criticism...

Kid Rock claimed he had a bad reputation. But no one cared.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Musicrewired

Post by Musicrewired » Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:02 pm

I don't mind some of Kid's music, and he has some measure of talent, but "We The People" is a lyrically contradictory mess that comes off as a self-parody. It makes Johnny Van Zant's love letter song about Ron DeSantis, "Sweet Florida", seem like the second coming of "Freebird". "We The People" is not a good song, and I wasn't surprised one bit by that.

The video and song Kid came up with speaks to his choir, who appear to appreciate it. It's nothing that will have any real impact outside of that.

Ted Nugent's gone down a similar path, but at least he is a good guitarist.

And, I buy physical copies of music I appreciate. I don't trust any computer or digital device enough to place my music's existence on it only. I download music on occasion, but my collection is largely on vinyl and CD.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic