Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Van Halen with Daryl Hall(of Hall and Oats)?

A place where record store snobs and casual listeners can unite as one! Discuss latest releases, all-time favorites, and deep cuts.
Deleted User 15773

Van Halen with Daryl Hall(of Hall and Oats)?

Post by Deleted User 15773 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:51 am

I've seen a meme on Facebook, stating that Daryl Hall was asked to Join Van Halen, but turned Eddie Van Halen down. Honestly, I'd have a very difficult time seeing this hypothetically play out. If Hager had not come into the picture, David Coverdale of Whitesnake may have been a interesting choice.

Whitesnake didn't have there breakthrough album in The USA until 1987. Slide it in, which was released in 1984, I believe went gold but didn't really capture a large audience. Slow and Easy is one of Whitesnake's best tracks in my view and is heard on Classic Rock stations at times.

One those "Might of been's" .

matt1

Re: Van Halen with Daryl Hall(of Hall and Oats)?

Post by matt1 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:13 am

Whitesnake "Ready An Willian" in 1980 had the original "Fool For Your Loving" song. In late 1980, the live album "In The Heart Of The City" came out. Both albums were played on 96 WHNN in Saginaw, MI (when it was a hard rock station). That station did not play 1981 "Come & Get It" (title track from the album). The 1982 original version of "Here I Go Again" was on "Saints & Sinners".

Deleted User 15773

Post by Deleted User 15773 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:23 am

I think it was a good move to change the lyric "Hobo" to "Drifter", when "Here I go again" was re-recorded for the 1987 album. Coverdale I believe was disappointed with how Saints and Sinners was produced.

kager

Post by kager » Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:40 pm

"OK, one break... coming up"

Hall would join VH for what? Their 'soulful' side? Tambourine?

I like Daryl Hall & liked Van Halen.

However, a 'Van Hallen' would have been a catastrophe.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic