Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

104.3 WOMC Christmas song name help

A place where record store snobs and casual listeners can unite as one! Discuss latest releases, all-time favorites, and deep cuts.
stopnswop2

104.3 WOMC Christmas song name help

Post by stopnswop2 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:43 pm

There's a song WOMC plays every December that I think is called "It's That Time of Year Again" by some weird band.
I can't find any evidence that song even exists.
It's definitely something that was released in the last 5 years, and it's not a cover.
Anyone know?

I'm a lunatic that takes screenshots of the playlist whenever a great song comes on, but somehow I missed this one 3 years in a row

Music is my life.

thatonedude

Re: 104.3 WOMC Christmas song name help

Post by thatonedude » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:41 am

I already knew what song you meant -- "It's That Time" by the Alternate Routes. I'm surprised they've gotten play outside of AAA...granted it's a Christmas song, but still...

take this job and shove it

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:31 am

thatonedude wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:41 am
I already knew what song you meant -- "It's That Time" by the Alternate Routes. I'm surprised they've gotten play outside of AAA...granted it's a Christmas song, but still...
Yes yes that's it. Thank you so much!

Music is my life.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:36 am

They keep playing all these awesome that I had never even heard of. I don't want to hear 10 different renditions of Jingle Bell Rock all day. I want to hear these songs.
Such a shame they're reduced to only playing Christmas music on Christmas Eve and Day. I used to have them on all day and night.
There's this really good stand out song that is actually a Hanukkah song: "Miracle" by Matisyahu. That was the catchiest tune I ever heard

Christmas music to me used to be something you turn on in the car for 10 minutes. Same with WOMC itself.
Then in 2013 I flipped it on in the car on the drive to college and was completely blown away. I was hooked! I would have it on from the moment I got home to the moment I woke up the next day. I fell in love with the station and got really engaged with the on air staff too. I then made the station my permanent radio home (until like 2 years ago).

If radio stations did more things like this, it won't die.
Removing on air staff and playing the same 50 songs all day is what will be the death of the platform.

Music is my life.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic