Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

More Misheard Lyrics

A place where record store snobs and casual listeners can unite as one! Discuss latest releases, all-time favorites, and deep cuts.
Ben Zonia

More Misheard Lyrics

Post by Ben Zonia » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:23 pm

Let's think of a few more.

The song "Westbound #9" could have a more modern interpretation after the Ancestry.com results come back, and your parents or children find out they aren't who you thought they were genetically.

It's a very dark themed song if you listen closely to the lyrics. But a couple lines have passed to various lyrical sites as,

Sittin' on the bank of Holy Creek down by the county line
I can hear the sound of Old Boss and Lazy Horse--he's howlin' right on time

I think it's actually,

Sittin' on the banks of Bowlin' Creek, down by the county line
I can hear the sound of Albacross the lazy hound, he's howlin' right on time.

I think they sang "Albatross" wrong themselves, as "Albacross". An albatross is of course a bird, but it has come to mean a burden to bear in one's life. In the context of the song, the people had plenty of Albatrosses to bear. "Albacross" is now some website.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

matt1

Re: More Misheard Lyrics

Post by matt1 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:02 am

The Flaming Ember "Westbound # 9" went to # 24 in September of 1970 on Hot 100. WRONG lyric "Sittin' on the bank at Bullock Creek, down by the county line". By the way, Bullock Creek is 2 miles from downtown Midland, MI & NOT a village whatsoever!!

Ben Zonia

Re: More Misheard Lyrics

Post by Ben Zonia » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:33 am

Google "Bowling Creek", you'll see that there is a Bowling Creek and a Bolin Creek down South. It is a creek, not a village.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic