Acceptable registrations in the queue through January 16, 2023 at 2:30p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Anthrax In Mt. Pleasant

A place where record store snobs and casual listeners can unite as one! Discuss latest releases, all-time favorites, and deep cuts.
Taco
Posts: 186
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:55 am

Anthrax In Mt. Pleasant

Post by Taco » Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:13 pm

So I'm going to see Anthrax/Black Label Society/Exodus in Mt. Pleasant on January 28th. I'm very stoked about it. Right now I'm on the fence about buying the VIP package for an additional $135. It would afford me with a photo with Anthrax and some other goodies.



Mega Hertz
Posts: 2597
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: Anthrax In Mt. Pleasant

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:02 am

You mother FUCKER! I would love to see Anthrax! Certainly wouldn't mind hanging with them. They're the most fun of the big four.


"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Taco
Posts: 186
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:55 am

Re: Anthrax In Mt. Pleasant

Post by Taco » Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:23 pm

This coming weekend is the big day! Got my room booked at an area hotel. I wish radio played this type of music but they don't.



User avatar
TC Talks
Posts: 7426
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:41 am

Re: Anthrax In Mt. Pleasant

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:43 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:02 am
You mother FUCKER! I would love to see Anthrax! Certainly wouldn't mind hanging with them. They're the most fun of the big four.
Who are the big four?


© 2023 TC Talks Holdings LP. All Rights Reserved. By reading this content you agree to my privacy policy and my terms of usage. Down with the Man.

Mega Hertz
Posts: 2597
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: Anthrax In Mt. Pleasant

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:38 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:43 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:02 am
You mother FUCKER! I would love to see Anthrax! Certainly wouldn't mind hanging with them. They're the most fun of the big four.
Who are the big four?
Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax and Slayer.

You don't strike me as a headbanger


"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

User avatar
TC Talks
Posts: 7426
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:41 am

Re: Anthrax In Mt. Pleasant

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:51 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:38 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:43 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:02 am
You mother FUCKER! I would love to see Anthrax! Certainly wouldn't mind hanging with them. They're the most fun of the big four.
Who are the big four?
Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax and Slayer.

You don't strike me as a headbanger
Absolutely No. I broke my ankle at a Black Flag show though.


© 2023 TC Talks Holdings LP. All Rights Reserved. By reading this content you agree to my privacy policy and my terms of usage. Down with the Man.

Taco
Posts: 186
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:55 am

Re: Anthrax In Mt. Pleasant

Post by Taco » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:54 pm

There could be a Big 7, one could argue adding Testament, Exodus, and Overkill.



Mega Hertz
Posts: 2597
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: Anthrax In Mt. Pleasant

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:00 pm

Taco wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:54 pm
There could be a Big 7, one could argue adding Testament, Exodus, and Overkill.
If you argued it, I would listen.


"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

User avatar
Riff Raff
Posts: 385
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:12 am
Location: Temperance Michigan

Re: Anthrax In Mt. Pleasant

Post by Riff Raff » Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:39 am

I'd like to see King Diamond myself


Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever.

― Brian Wilson

Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride
I'm running and I won't touch ground
Oh no, I got to keep on moving- Matthew Wilder

User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 8846
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: Anthrax In Mt. Pleasant

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:45 am

Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax and Slayer.
I certainly like some of Anthrax's catalog, but they don't hold a candle to those other three bands, in my opinion.

I'd personally be more excited to see Black Label Society - but that's just me. Tonight's concert is sold out, which isn't much of a surprise. Small venue, and the show has been advertised heavily on rock radio throughout the state (WRIF aired a ton of commercials for it).
Testament, Exodus, and Overkill.
Don't forget Sepultura! :horns

I must say - Soaring Eagle, for being a casino in the middle of nowhere, has hosted some very impressive rock and even hip-hop concerts over the past few years. Not the C-list acts or geezer focused acts one would generally expect to see at such a venue.


Fire Dwane Casey!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic