Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Do they realize what they've done?

Hey, some of us like to talk about happenings in other areas of the country, too. Here's the place to do it.
Mark Schirripa

Do they realize what they've done?

Post by Mark Schirripa » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:51 pm

I was just wondering if I'm the only one who wonders if certain members of the national news media wonder what their bias reporting has done to the journalism business.

Jim Sofonia

Re: Do they realize what they've done?

Post by Jim Sofonia » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:48 pm

Of course they don't know, otherwise they wouldn't do it. Also think of how they perpetuate race problems. They report that black people did this or that, yet they preach to us that we should be color blind. We could be done with racism by now if they would let it go. I'll skip comments on politics, or we will be here all day.

Mark Schirripa

Post by Mark Schirripa » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:37 pm

"They report that black people did this or that,..." Can you develop that?

n8fnr

Post by n8fnr » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:51 pm

You mean like Fox saying that Obama is going to confiscate every ones guns? Or that Covis-19 is a Democratic hoax?

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:59 pm

They flat out don't care. It's a numbers game only. Numbers makes another kind of numbers. Currently, nobody sticks out. Everyone is left or right, no matter what they claim. Even the pre-recorded Newsy slants left.

News production and broadcast is a moral-less fruit. Morals and thinking about effects on society, much less ACTUAL accuracy (example: 6 people... or is it 8 people dies of Covid per minute in LA County) are not even a thought. Nobody actually showed us proof of any statistic. The actual number is not the issue. The not knowing and not showing the official stats is.

Short answer: Has not crossed anyone's mind. Money had.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:34 pm

So what's the perfect news operation? It's easy to criticize what exists. What are you actually looking for?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:56 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:34 pm
So what's the perfect news operation? It's easy to criticize what exists. What are you actually looking for?
If you are asking me... Fact only news, backed up with duplicative proof, from credible sources. All persons should be able to duplicate the facts as they are. No guests spouting any opinions. Being the actual "No Spin Zone," and not just saying it. Like I said, Newsy still influences, yet says they don't. News also needs to cut off what is termed as "breaking news" that is 4-12 hrs old. And news needs to be live 24 hrs, without soap operas, cartoons, game shows, infomercials, movies and documentaries. A news station/network should be fresh news only, 24 hrs a day/7 days a week- even holidays.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:03 pm

TeddyBear wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:56 pm
TC Talks wrote:
If you are asking me... Fact only news, backed up with duplicative proof, from credible sources. All persons should be able to duplicate the facts as they are. No guests spouting any opinions. Being the actual "No Spin Zone," and not just saying it. Like I said, Newsy still influences, yet says they don't. News also needs to cut off what is termed as "breaking news" that is 4-12 hrs old. And news needs to be live 24 hrs, without soap operas, cartoons, game shows, infomercials, movies and documentaries. A news station/network should be fresh news only, 24 hrs a day/7 days a week- even holidays.
NPR and The New York Times do this all the time. They are smeared constantly.

How would you find such an operation?

Fox, CNN and other define themselves as entertainment not news organizations.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:54 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:03 pm
TeddyBear wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:56 pm
TC Talks wrote:
NPR and The New York Times do this all the time. They are smeared constantly.

How would you find such an operation?

Fox, CNN and other define themselves as entertainment...
NPR and the Times are both left. I can see why they are smeared. Let me decide what and how to believe.

And my point stands about duplicative facts and research. One network (entertainment or not) and other 1-sided channels kept telling us "Q" stood for "Antifa" at the Capitol. Not duplicative.

How to find?: Observe what is around you. Observe what everyone reports, within and outside of the country, who shows actual papers, interviews of persons directly involved, press conferences from involved people, shows ACTUAL press releases, direct links to the exact proof online, and is completely transparent. Only trash believes everything they see and hear from others. That is also the definition of gossip. Gossip, influence and opinion are even at the most local level- TV and newspaper. Now that you see it happening, turn away from it. Only get words from the horse's mouth- NOBODY ELSE. If your news media does not prove something was done or said (ie., "a source close says" is not proof), or they get opinions, you clearly are being influenced or tricked. Perhaps the easiest way to find it is to avoid what others don't prove, as it is an awful standard and current practice. You look at the sources, not the presenters, since nobody is willing to give the CREDIBLE sources with names, dates, positions, qualifications, videos, audio, and the like.

As for "entertainment," gossip and drama were always entertainment. Hell, there are even awards for that. But notice how none of the opinion networks ever win an Emmy (daytime or general) in any category?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic