Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WSM classics show at midnight

Hey, some of us like to talk about happenings in other areas of the country, too. Here's the place to do it.
n8fnr

WSM classics show at midnight

Post by n8fnr » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:43 pm

I have been falling asleep to WSM (650 AM) lately listening to the classics show that starts at midnight. They play lots of old time twangy stuff which I love. Last night (12/6/2020) they were playing prison songs. Most of the time I have have never heard the songs before. Give it a listen if you love real Americana and not the ersatz crap played on all of the other commercial country stations

I use a Sangean HDR-14 and it is a phenomenal receiver for its size.

Zack S

Turkeytop

Re: WSM midnight classics show

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:59 pm

n8fnr wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:43 pm
I have been falling asleep to WSM (650 AM) lately listening to the classics show that starts at midnight. They play lots of old time twangy stuff which I love. Last night (12/6/2020) they were playing prison songs. Most of the time I have have never heard the songs before. I use a Sangean HDR-14 and it is a phenomenal receiver for its size.

Zack S

I think you might be referring to Jeff Hoag's program. He's on weeknights from 8:00 PM to 1:00 AM. Mostly plays old classic country..

I have seven Sangean radios. Four here and Three in Florida. They're all great.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

n8fnr

Re: WSM midnight classics show

Post by n8fnr » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:23 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:59 pm
n8fnr wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:43 pm
I have been falling asleep to WSM (650 AM) lately listening to the classics show that starts at midnight. They play lots of old time twangy stuff which I love. Last night (12/6/2020) they were playing prison songs. Most of the time I have have never heard the songs before. I use a Sangean HDR-14 and it is a phenomenal receiver for its size.

Zack S

I think you might be referring to Jeff Hoag's program. He's on weeknights from 8:00 PM to 1:00 AM. Mostly plays old classic country..

I have seven Sangean radios. Four here and Three in Florida. They're all great.
I recently bought the Sangean HDR-14 and a HDR-16 and have been amazed by their performance. On the other hand I have not bought a new MW receiver since about 1995 when I got a Grundig YB 400 about 1995 and a Sony ICF-S5w in 1980 so it is hard for me to compare radios. Thinking about getting a Sangean HDT-20 and hooking it up to a crossed dipole for FM and my DX Engineering RF-PRO-1B active loop.

Turkeytop

Re: WSM classics show at midnight

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:58 pm

My Sangean radios.

The DT 110
-
-
-

The DT 10 (Prison model) It stays in Florida
-
-
-

The ATS 606 My travel radio. It survived a fall from my second story balcony in Mexico

-
-
-

TB 100 My outdoor radio in Florida
-
-
-

LB 100 My outdoor radio at home
-
-
-

ATS 909 Keep it in Florida
-
-
-

WR 11 In the living room at home. Mine isn't exactly a WR 11. It's a Radio Shack rebranding of the same product.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

innate-in-you

Re: WSM classics show at midnight

Post by innate-in-you » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:34 pm

In my morning commute, I usually listen to WNZK's "Motown and a cup-O-Joe" show, often flipping to WWJ at the hour, for the news, then going back to WNZK.

But this time of year, I'll press the preset button for WSM, especially if WNZK is getting too much interference, or plays a ten-minute EP disc that repeats the same guitar riff for eight minutes (most likely on Friday).

Of course, WSM is not available in the morning commute all year, typically disappearing in late February.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic