Notice to all Buzzboard readers & posters: A requested server migration took place Saturday evening. Unfortunately, I did not re-point my DNS records to the new server until roughly 7:45p ET on Monday, November 12. As a result, any posts and new user registrations occurring between the nighttime hours of 11/10 and approximately 7:45p ET on Monday, 11/12 have been lost.

This was unavoidable, and the longer I waited to re-point to the new server, the greater the number of posts that would've been lost.

Please feel free to resubmit any threads / posts you created. They will NOT be lost this time! Many thanks for your patience these past couple of weeks while I've worked to migrate the Buzzboard to a more secure, more robust platform.

Check out the Buzzboard's newest forum - the Buzzboard Marketplace! Find it here: http://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=31

Love 105 Returns in The Twin Cities

Hey, some of us like to talk about happenings in other areas of the country, too. Here's the place to do it.
1027BrianFM

Love 105 Returns in The Twin Cities

Post by 1027BrianFM » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:07 am

Cumulus, please do Toledo a favor and Blow 106.5 The Ticket up.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Love 105 Returns in The Twin Cities

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:11 pm

Excellent news!!!

The dummies who own Go 96.3 should've flipped to Adult Contemporary.

Minneapolis had three Urban stations (95.3, 102.5, and the 105s). All of 'em get crappy ratings, but 95.3 is the strongest of the trio. Frankly, this flip should've occurred the moment John Dickey was fired from Cumulus.

Thanks, corporate radio, for finally tossing Nickelback to the curb. Now can you please do the same for Shinedown? THEY SUCK!!!

1027BrianFM

Post by 1027BrianFM » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:38 am

I liked the early days of Love 105 best, however a more today's based AC format will likely surface but I have read a possible flip to a soft based classic hits could happen too. Love was probably best thing on these signals, ratings wise. There was a big AC hole in the market for sure.

What made The cloud decide to put sports on the 105's I'll never know, I think near the end they only were at a 0.1 share. They sounded worst then The Ticket in Toledo Ohio, that's saying something.

A few weeks ago, I got to thinking that the Classic hip hop format was nearing it's expiration date. The Twin cities doesn't have the audience for that format.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:27 am

Bear in mind the version of the format that aired in the Twin Cities wasn't even localized; the station was using a Westwood One feed.

Thanks, corporate radio, for finally tossing Nickelback to the curb. Now can you please do the same for Shinedown? THEY SUCK!!!

1027BrianFM

Post by 1027BrianFM » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:54 pm

I used to listen online all the time. It seemed to work well for those 3 signals. Good to see it back in some form.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic