Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

What does it take to get banned from this board?

Got a question? Can't figure out how to get that neat picture under your user name? Need any other tech tips? Post it here! Also, this is where I make important site related announcements.
UP906

Re: What does it take to get banned from this board?

Post by UP906 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:12 pm

As many as it wants.

Why are you leftists so hellbent on banning people and controlling content? It's pathetic. Get a life.

Thread Killer

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:59 pm

Yep, how many names. "FOE!"

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:50 am

I've been a member of this board going back to a different screen name in 2008, and was a lurker from 2006. What I really miss is the great discussions and topics there used to be here. I'd find things out here before they happened in the building. If a GM had so as much as a bad case of gas, we'd have 10 pages worth of talk with about 50 different members chiming in. Oh, sure, we had our occasional troll or shit starter (Lions Ghost was my favorite...and whatever happened to Strangelove?), but it never really got out of hand. And I've seen some great, lengthy threads about everyone from 3G to Jay Towers to Drew and Mike leaving.

I'm no longer in "the biz", but I still fart around here from time to time. It seems that, over the last decade, this board has turned into a bunch of dreary-eyed, spiteful, hateful individuals. Every time I stop in here, there's some whining about cops or liberals or the left, with minimal, and I mean MINIMAL discussion about radio and TV. When politics were banished to the PolPot. And it bums me out. Now you can't have a thread about a format flip without carrying on about the station having a liberal bias because they played a Springsteen song.

I caught Plate Cap's post above, about why he doesn't hang around much anymore, and I have to agree. You can't have a rational, in-depth discussion anymore. So, instead of throwing a fit and calling for bans and whatnot, just stay away. MW has always said he makes no money from this board (actually LOSES money on it), so however he wants to run it is up to him. It's just like anything else, you have a choice to either patronize this board or not. If you know what you're gonna see when you come on here, then don't bother. I'll pop in from time to time, read the thread titles, and leave unless it's something that catches my eye.

Either way, I wish you all well.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:29 am

R Bedell wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:28 am
The Liberal Mantra...

Actually- That meme applies to both sides. Example of this would be LGBTQ rights and other general rights. Nobody talks about inequalities on Right-sided "news" outlets. Even in real life, Lauren Daigle refuses to discuss basic rights for everyone. So no matter the type of outlet or side, they both want silence of the other side. This coming from someone in the center.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:35 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:50 am
I've been a member of this board going back to a different screen name in 2008, and was a lurker from 2006. What I really miss is the great discussions and topics there used to be here. I'd find things out here before they happened in the building. If a GM had so as much as a bad case of gas, we'd have 10 pages worth of talk with about 50 different members chiming in. Oh, sure, we had our occasional troll or shit starter (Lions Ghost was my favorite...and whatever happened to Strangelove?), but it never really got out of hand. And I've seen some great, lengthy threads about everyone from 3G to Jay Towers to Drew and Mike leaving.

I'm no longer in "the biz", but I still fart around here from time to time. It seems that, over the last decade, this board has turned into a bunch of dreary-eyed, spiteful, hateful individuals. Every time I stop in here, there's some whining about cops or liberals or the left, with minimal, and I mean MINIMAL discussion about radio and TV. When politics were banished to the PolPot. And it bums me out. Now you can't have a thread about a format flip without carrying on about the station having a liberal bias because they played a Springsteen song.

I caught Plate Cap's post above, about why he doesn't hang around much anymore, and I have to agree. You can't have a rational, in-depth discussion anymore. So, instead of throwing a fit and calling for bans and whatnot, just stay away. MW has always said he makes no money from this board (actually LOSES money on it), so however he wants to run it is up to him. It's just like anything else, you have a choice to either patronize this board or not. If you know what you're gonna see when you come on here, then don't bother. I'll pop in from time to time, read the thread titles, and leave unless it's something that catches my eye.

Either way, I wish you all well.
The owner of this site knows what is at stake. Yes, that is his option. It is also his reputation at stake too. Many of us legit folks in the media constantly hear about what a joke this forum actually is. It has already lost it's credibility. The drama and gaymes made it that way. I agree that the owner can do as they see fit. However, this endeavor- and maybe Mark's next online endeavor, might not have the credibility to keep it going. That is his choice. I will never take that choice away. But how much of a joke should this site be?

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:46 am

Teddy, you really should consider not coming here then. If it is such a joke why would you want to be associated with it? You spend an awful lot of time complaining about the site so maybe you should start one that will work your way. There is another poster who complains about the site too, maybe get together and start your own.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:01 am

Who the heck is Lauren Daigle, and what does she have to do with any of this?

Thread Killer

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:16 am

She is a Christian singer and as for your second question, I wondered that too.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:19 am

I dunno... perhaps someone indulged a little too much.

Thread Killer

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:22 pm

Gotta be proud of this MW: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 24&t=52177

Especially the line,, "Neither one of these nigger faggots own this place."

That poster really adds value to the site, huh?

The censorship king from out of state.

kager

Post by kager » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:49 am

Not all of 2020 is bad. DBR has a new inhabitant.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Realist

Post by Realist » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:23 pm

kager wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:49 am
What took so damn long?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:31 pm

Realist wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:23 pm
kager wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:49 am
What took so damn long?
It took somebody overloading his circuits I guess.

thatonedude

Post by thatonedude » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:55 pm

I'm still surprised it didn't happen sooner...

take this job and shove it

Realist

Post by Realist » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:40 pm

thatonedude wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:55 pm
I'm still surprised it didn't happen sooner...
Let’s hope to God this board can return to normal then....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic