Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

TERMS OF USE - PLEASE READ

Got a question? Can't figure out how to get that neat picture under your user name? Need any other tech tips? Post it here! Also, this is where I make important site related announcements.
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

TERMS OF USE - PLEASE READ

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:30 am

Welcome to the Buzzboard!

By reading, posting or otherwise participating on any page connected with mibuzzboard.com, you acknowledge and consent to the following:

1. You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any material that may violate common law or statutory law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed necessary at the discretion of the Administrator. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions.

2. You agree that “mibuzzboard.com" shall have the right to remove, edit, move, close or put on moderation queue any topic at any time its administrator sees fit.

3. As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, neither “mibuzzboard.com" or its administrator shall be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.

4. You agree not to use the Private Messaging feature of the mibuzzboard.com software suite to harass other participants.

5. You agree not to routinely and purposely post material in forum topics that is wholly unrelated to the intended purpose of the topic.

6. You agree not to register multiple user accounts for the sole purpose of either (i) thwarting the "friend / foe" settings of other users or (ii) promulgating/ " bumping" a particular forum topic.

7. Assignment or removal of posting privileges solely lies with the Administrator at his discretion. Nothing stated in these rules or elsewhere on the mibuzzboard.com domain shall be construed as a "right" to access or post to the Buzzboard.

8. The software utilized by the Buzzboard contains an inappropriate post reporting feature (the exclamation point icon in topic view) that can be used to notify the Administrator of potentially inappropriate content. Those who abuse this feature - i.e. routinely report posts that have been deemed by the Administrator not to be in violation of these Terms of Use - may have their posting privileges suspended or revoked.

9. By reading the material on mibuzzboard.com and its related pages, you acknowledge that all content is the responsibility of the person(s) who posted it and shall hold the owner & administration of mibuzzboard.com harmless. By posting material to mibuzzboard.com, you acknowledge that you assume sole responsibility and liability for such material.

10. Question: "Where can I learn more about the editing and profile customization features of this site?" Answer: Please browse the FAQ page here: app.php/help/faq

11. Any questions or issues? Please private message me (MWmetalhead) or email me at admin@mibuzzboard.com.

That's it! :)
Enjoy the conversation, and thank you for your interest in the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard!

Mega Hertz

Re: TERMS OF USE - PLEASE READ

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:55 pm

I DO WHAT I WANT! I'M GROWN!

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:18 pm

I don't know why this isn't in the Terms of Service. It should be.

"Posters and administrators are not allowed to reveal any personal or other identifying information on any thread, public or private, about other posters that will allow themselves or other posters to find other information or harass other posters. This includes a prohibition of using IP addresses being revealed for any purpose except requests by legal authorities or subpoena."

In other words, unless there is a clear violation of laws, personal information and IP information about other posters cannot be revealed by administrators or posters on any topic or thread, public or private.

Name calling and amateur psychoanalytic posts will not be tolerated by any administrator or poster on any thread, public or private.

I will be consulting my attorney about whether such disclosure is legal and whether there is tort law which would allow lawsuits in such cases.

This post will be archived for future use.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:53 pm

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:18 pm

"Posters and administrators are not allowed to reveal any personal or other identifying information on any thread, public or private, about other posters that will allow themselves or other posters to find other information or harass other posters. This includes a prohibition of using IP addresses being revealed for any purpose except requests by legal authorities or subpoena."

In other words, unless there is a clear violation of laws, personal information and IP information about other posters cannot be revealed by administrators or posters on any topic or thread, public or private.

Name calling and amateur psychoanalytic posts will not be tolerated by any administrator or poster on any thread, public or private.

I will be consulting my attorney about whether such disclosure is legal and whether there is tort law which would allow lawsuits in such cases.

This post will be archived for future use.
How do you feel about people who make accounts to troll an established poster? Can you ask Mike Morse about that?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:13 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:53 pm
TC Shuts Up wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:18 pm
How do you feel about people who make accounts to troll an established poster? Can you ask Mike Morse about that?
You know Matt,

I've seen a lot of this lately. People using websites owned by others thinking that they're some public utility.

You can't believe how much crying there has been when users with less than honorable intentions discover they aren't protected by some imaginary law they created in their heads.

I moderate a few other forums, and we have guys like this one. He should know what the risks are before making threats.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:18 pm

For the record, no personal information has been disclosed inappropriately. I simply informed some individuals that a certain individual is posting under multiple pseudonyms.

Neither account uses said individual's legal name or stage name. The IP address was NOT disclosed. No personally identifiable information of any kind was disclosed by me. I simply said the posts coming from the various accounts were traceable to the same IP.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:34 pm

I know MW can't answer this, but did anyone determine if that was really Mike Morse?

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic