Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Suggestion: Add a Free-to-air Satellite discussion board.

Got a question? Can't figure out how to get that neat picture under your user name? Need any other tech tips? Post it here! Also, this is where I make important site related announcements.
F-Squared

Suggestion: Add a Free-to-air Satellite discussion board.

Post by F-Squared » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:22 pm

There's many people in Michigan who use FTA satellite (the Satellite Guys board is based in Mich, in fact) so why not make a portion of the forum for FTA Sat?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Suggestion: Add a Free-to-air Satellite discussion board.

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:58 pm

I must confess - I'm unfamiliar with free-to-air satellite; please provide a brief summary of what it is.

Thanks in advance!

F-Squared

Post by F-Squared » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:13 pm

Jeff Dugan wrote:It’s free over the air satellite television and is used in the European countries mainly but is also available in the United States and Canada as well, the difference is the signals are not encrypted on free-to-air Satellite and actually it’s pretty cool my brother gets his television in that format.
Yeah it's pretty neat. I've never managed to get it working as of yet but I still want to keep trying. And I think it would be nice to discuss it with other people in the Michigan area, so that's why I think it deserves its own part on the buzzboard.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:56 pm

Seems like it would be very appropriate for the DX and Engineering forum. I had an uncle who used to watch Russian television from K band or X band. He was a trip, knew more about world politics in the middle of the Upper Peninsula than anyone I knew.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

F-Squared

Post by F-Squared » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:21 pm

TC Talks wrote:Seems like it would be very appropriate for the DX and Engineering forum. I had an uncle who used to watch Russian television from K band or X band. He was a trip, knew more about world politics in the middle of the Upper Peninsula than anyone I knew.
Thing is, many DXers don't do FTA and vice versa, so it may be better to have it separated.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic