Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Server move on 11/12/18 at 7:45p ET

Got a question? Can't figure out how to get that neat picture under your user name? Need any other tech tips? Post it here! Also, this is where I make important site related announcements.
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Server move on 11/12/18 at 7:45p ET

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:27 pm

A requested server migration took place Saturday evening. Unfortunately, I did not re-point my DNS records to the new server until roughly 7:45p ET on Monday, November 12.

As a result of the above, any posts and new user registrations occurring between the nighttime hours of 11/10 and approximately 7:45p ET on Monday, 11/12 have been lost.

This was unavoidable, and the longer I waited to re-point to the new server, the greater the number of posts that would've been lost.

Please feel free to resubmit any threads / posts you created. They will NOT be lost this time! Many thanks for your patience these past couple of weeks while I've worked to migrate the Buzzboard to a more secure, more robust platform.

Barring unexpected issues, all software & server changes are now 100% complete! These changes were triggered by the database crash of two weeks ago, and secondarily, by enrollment in CloudFlare, which is a proxy server service designed to provide added security against hackers and improved loading efficiency.

As added security against future attacks, the Buzzboard database is now backed up nightly to two different cloud storage sites.

Nelson

Re: Server move on 11/12/18 at 7:45p ET

Post by Nelson » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:40 pm

MW, is there any chance this affects email notifications? For some reason now, the email notifications I'm subscribed to are getting caught in my Gmail spam folder every time. I never had that problem before (either before the server move or before the big crash). Probably just a Gmail thing but thought I'd mention it.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Server move on 11/12/18 at 7:45p ET

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:10 pm

If you're still receiving the messages, and they are simply landing in your Spam folder, that has nothing to do with me. I have no control over that.

If Gmail has a safe senders or "whitelist," you can update it to ensure future messages aren't marked as Spam.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic