Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Is There Some Way...

Got a question? Can't figure out how to get that neat picture under your user name? Need any other tech tips? Post it here! Also, this is where I make important site related announcements.
Ben Zonia

Is There Some Way...

Post by Ben Zonia » Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:04 pm

...to edit spelling errors, even just one letter or punctuation, or correcting run on sentences, without making it look like you changed the meaning of your posts by the "Edited 5 times" footnotes? Maybe just a longer time to edit? This annoys me when so many people disagree with the posts.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

TC Talks

Re: Is There Some Way...

Post by TC Talks » Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:48 pm

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Ben Zonia

Re: Is There Some Way...

Post by Ben Zonia » Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:15 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:48 pm
https://www.grammarly.com/
"Mother please, I'd rather do it myself."

Artificial intelligence is only as good or as bad as its human programmers. You make it look like AI with larger and larger numbers of decision trees. Look at spellcheck, and how often it is wrong, or changes a word to the wrong spelling or a completely different word. Look at the goofy answers and choices you get when you call an 8XX number that tries to redirect your call, and no longer allows a "0" option. Voice recognition is even worse. Bad things started with 411 and 555 operators who weren't in the area you called about, or knew anything about the area.

Remember, it also started with "that does not compute", to fooling the AI into repeating the same wrong thing numerous times, like in movies, and exposing the "intelligent" answers as not so intelligent machines.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic