Acceptable registrations in the queue through November 16, 2022 at 6:45p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Frequent logouts

Got a question? Can't figure out how to get that neat picture under your user name? Need any other tech tips? Post it here! Also, this is where I make important site related announcements.
ZenithCKLW

Frequent logouts

Post by ZenithCKLW » Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:02 am

Not sure if anyone else encounters this issue. I visit the board through Firefox on iOS. It is configured to keep me logged in to this website. However, in the past 2 or 3 weeks, I am frequently logged out whenever I click anything to navigate through the site. For instance, I'll log in (again), and it shows I am logged in, then I'll read a thread, and I am logged out again. Or I'll log in, visit a forum section, click Mark Topics Read, and I will be logged out, and when I revisit after logging in again, the topics aren't marked read. Firefox doesn't appear to log me out of any other websites, although this is the only one I try to keep logged in all the time.

This is pretty intermittent, but happens more often than not. It also doesn't happen when I am visiting the site from Firefox on my laptop. Is this happening for anyone else?

Rate This

Re: Frequent logouts

Post by Rate This » Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:05 am

ZenithCKLW wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:02 am
Not sure if anyone else encounters this issue. I visit the board through Firefox on iOS. It is configured to keep me logged in to this website. However, in the past 2 or 3 weeks, I am frequently logged out whenever I click anything to navigate through the site. For instance, I'll log in (again), and it shows I am logged in, then I'll read a thread, and I am logged out again. Or I'll log in, visit a forum section, click Mark Topics Read, and I will be logged out, and when I revisit after logging in again, the topics aren't marked read. Firefox doesn't appear to log me out of any other websites, although this is the only one I try to keep logged in all the time.

This is pretty intermittent, but happens more often than not. It also doesn't happen when I am visiting the site from Firefox on my laptop. Is this happening for anyone else?
I’ve gotten this on Safari on iOS for a while now… randomly logs me out after only a little bit. It lets me stay on for the session at least.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:22 am

There are no site or server configuration settings from what I can see that would be causing this issue.

However, I will clear the cache to see if that fixes the problem.

Fire Dwane Casey!

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:55 am

Looks like it still happens to me when I mark topics as read. Thanks for checking into it. I assume its an issue on my end. Firefox on iOS went through some recent goofy updates lately and I suspect something broke.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:01 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:22 am
There are no site or server configuration settings from what I can see that would be causing this issue.

However, I will clear the cache to see if that fixes the problem.
Speaking of clearing cache, it actually logs me out when I clear my chrome app's cache

Music is my life.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:25 pm

I nuked Firefox on my phone (cleared all history, cookies, cache, settings) and reset them, and it has been running smooth since I did that, so I think I'll consider this resolved.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:53 am

Speaking of clearing cache, it actually logs me out when I clear my chrome app's cache
That is what's supposed to occur. The server cannot pickup the "cookie" previously placed in your cache.

Fire Dwane Casey!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic