Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

A wild grey wolf was killed near Battle Creek of all places!!!

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

A wild grey wolf was killed near Battle Creek of all places!!!

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:59 pm

I remember when DNR denied for years the existence of cougar sightings in the state and the existence of black bear sightings in southern Michigan. They eventually were forced to admit they were wrong in both instances.

This time - they cannot deny the grey wolf sighting in Calhoun County. Why? Simple. A hunter with a valid coyote license killed it, likely thinking it was a coywolf. Turns out it was a grey wolf.

No one in a million years would've thought that was a grey wolf when hunting in Calhoun County, so I don't blame the hunter in the least for thinking it was something else (presumably a coywolf).

I saw a coywolf in November three or four years ago down the street from my house, and that thing was big! There were a lot of sightings in Beverly Hills, Birmingham, Bloomfield and parts of Southfield that season.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/ ... 190823007/

https://www.woodtv.com/news/calhoun-cou ... un-county/

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Realist

Re: A wild grey wolf was killed near Battle Creek of all places!!!

Post by Realist » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:41 am

While rifle deer hunting last season, my uncle saw one on our hunting property in Iosco County. He took multiple pictures and video of it. He and my other uncle were going to call the DNR to report it after rifle season ended. Upon thinking about that, I convinced them it would be a very bad idea to do so.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:05 pm

Realist wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:41 am
While rifle deer hunting last season, my uncle saw one on our hunting property in Iosco County. He took multiple pictures and video of it. He and my other uncle were going to call the DNR to report it after rifle season ended. Upon thinking about that, I convinced them it would be a very bad idea to do so.
Can you share why it would be a bad idea?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Realist

Post by Realist » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:02 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:05 pm
Realist wrote:
Because we, like everyone else, bait somewhat. We don’t have truckloads of deer bait in here (which DNR CO’s admit they’re looking for primarily, along with investigating complaints) but we really don’t want to be on their radar either and for them to know our property. 55 gallon barrels that we use to store sugar beets by our blinds, along with sheds, are a telltale sign.

My ex top boss of our office, along with his next door neighbor, got busted for baiting a couple of years back and are only 2 miles away. Both of them apparently pissed off other neighbors and someone turned them in. DNR parked on the road, used drones to fly over their property and got the evidence.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:25 am

Realist wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:02 pm
Matt wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:05 pm
Realist wrote:
Because we, like everyone else, bait somewhat. We don’t have truckloads of deer bait in here (which DNR CO’s admit they’re looking for primarily, along with investigating complaints) but we really don’t want to be on their radar either and for them to know our property. 55 gallon barrels that we use to store sugar beets by our blinds, along with sheds, are a telltale sign.

My ex top boss of our office, along with his next door neighbor, got busted for baiting a couple of years back and are only 2 miles away. Both of them apparently pissed off other neighbors and someone turned them in. DNR parked on the road, used drones to fly over their property and got the evidence.
That makes sense. It seems odd that we have a deer overpopulation and the DNR is worried about methods that can properly take care of the issue. IIRC, there was a time in the 90s or early 00s where it was legal to bait for a time.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:35 am

Baiting was causing faster spread of several diseases amongst deer. That is the reason for the ban.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Realist

Post by Realist » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:24 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:35 am
Baiting was causing faster spread of several diseases amongst deer. That is the reason for the ban.
BINGO

Heard more than one story of people having a truck load of bait, deer swarming to it and “hunters” picking off trophy bucks. Too much nose to nose contact spread the diseases…

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic