Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Are we alone?

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Round Six

Are we alone?

Post by Round Six » Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:11 pm

How many of you have heard about these recurring radio signals from outer space:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/11/world/re ... index.html

The above link is for a radio telescope in Canada. Every 16 days they were picking up a recurring radio signal. Depending on which way the telescope is pointed depends on the frequency of the signal recurring. Here's one being received in Australia every 18 minutes:

https://newatlas.com/space/radio-signal ... -magnetar/

The source of these recurring radio signals is unknown. However there are recurring radio signals in space we do know. Earth communicating with deep space probes.

I know it may be considered tin foil hat theory to think these signals could be other worlds doing the same. But here's the thing. Over a year ago now, I emailed NASA and the Canadian telescope with my far fetched theory. No response yet. You would think one of them would at least send a generic "Thanks for your interest" reply.

Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Honeyman

Re: Are we alone?

Post by Honeyman » Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:19 pm

The only thing far fetched is to believe we are the only intelligent beings in the entire universe. There has to be other forms of life out there. There has to.
The censorship king from out of state.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:34 pm

Ah, the Fermi Paradox.

The human brain quite literally can't comprehend how big the universe is, nor how many planets there are. It is a near statistical certainty that life exists out there. The tricky part is figuring out how common it is.

I don't believe there's any intelligent life close enough to earth for us to receive its radio signals. I'm not even convinced that there's other "intelligent" life out there. But life in general? Almost has to be. But I think it is uncommon enough and spread out enough that we as humans will never find it.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:32 pm

I have the belief that the construct of religion was given to us by an off planet group who was just bored. Earth is a reality show for outer space.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:03 pm

The surest sign of intelligent life in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:47 am

I have always thought we are a scientific experiment of an intelligent race and they check in from time to time to see how their experiment is going.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:24 pm

zzand wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:47 am
I have always thought we are a scientific experiment of an intelligent race and they check in from time to time to see how their experiment is going.
Yeah pretty much what TC said. Very possible. I do agree with Honeyman.
Just can't fathom that in the vast expanse of infinity, we are the only intelligent life in the universe.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:40 pm

The answer is 42. And it's the mice who planned it.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

HD74

Post by HD74 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:07 pm

Zaphod! I thought you were still around!
You're never too old to learn something stupid.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:29 am

Imagine some aliens tuning into some radio signals, 84-light years away from earth, and hearing Orson Wells - War of the Worlds, LOL
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:41 am

Or worse, Jimmy Farewell
― Noam Chomsky

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:51 am

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:41 am
Or worse, Jimmy Farewell
Is that a Freudian slip or on purpose? :lol
"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:35 pm

moldyoldie wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:51 am
TC Talks wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:41 am
Or worse, Jimmy Farewell
Is that a Freudian slip or on purpose? :lol
I don't know how he spells his name... I'm not much of a fan of bigots
― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic