Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Barnes & Noble

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Barnes & Noble

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:12 pm

We don't have Barnes & Noble in Canada, so I always visit the store when I'm in Florida. It's close enough that I can go there on my bike.

It's embarrassingly middle class to shop in, so I always take a list so I can grab what I want and get out quick.

One thing I've noticed, they never have bags at the checkout. They always say they're out of bags. Lots of stores have a No Bags policy and I get it. In Ontario NO Bags is the law.

So, why doesn't B&N just say they don't give bags? Instead, they're always apologetic about it, saying they're all out of bags?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Mega Hertz

Re: Barnes & Noble

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:42 pm

Florida has a book store? I'm shocked.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:04 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:42 pm

Yes, there is a book store and it has one special rack featuring books that have been banned in Florida.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:07 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:42 pm
DeSantis has lost control of his state.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:13 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:12 pm
We don't have Barnes & Noble in Canada, so I always visit the store when I'm in Florida. It's close enough that I can go there on my bike.

It's embarrassingly middle class to shop in, so I always take a list so I can grab what I want and get out quick.

One thing I've noticed, they never have bags at the checkout. They always say they're out of bags. Lots of stores have a No Bags policy and I get it. In Ontario NO Bags is the law.

So, why doesn't B&N just say they don't give bags? Instead, they're always apologetic about it, saying they're all out of bags?
Wow, Ontario must have a lot of old bags.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:14 am

I'm thinking they sell a wide selection of book bags with their logo.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic