Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Fucking Covid

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
audiophile

Re: Fucking Covid

Post by audiophile » Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:23 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:47 am
After I seeing what the booster did to my dad, I am done with taking boosters. I have an overactive immune system and an undiagnosed immune system issue. I took a booster in November 2021 and also had the regular series.
What did it do?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

thatonedude

Post by thatonedude » Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:47 pm

I caught Covid back in 2022. Knocked me on my ass for two solid weeks. Glad I didn’t get my wife sick.

The vaccine and boosters wiped me out too, but for a shorter duration. Given the alternative, I’m glad it was all short lived.

Hope you get better Mega.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
take this job and shove it

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Tue Jan 02, 2024 5:59 pm

After 4 years of successfully avoiding covid, it finally got me. My test was not positive, but others in the household did test positive today, and I have very mild symptoms so far. Had to cancel my attendance on a work trip this week that I organized, and the successive vacation afterwards.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:08 pm

thatonedude wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:47 pm
I caught Covid back in 2022. Knocked me on my ass for two solid weeks. Glad I didn’t get my wife sick.

The vaccine and boosters wiped me out too, but for a shorter duration. Given the alternative, I’m glad it was all short lived.

Hope you get better Mega. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've been doing okay. Mostly sinus stuff now. Thank you.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:10 pm

ZenithCKLW wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 5:59 pm
After 4 years of successfully avoiding covid, it finally got me. My test was not positive, but others in the household did test positive today, and I have very mild symptoms so far. Had to cancel my attendance on a work trip this week that I organized, and the successive vacation afterwards.
How did it start? Friday night around 9 or 10, I suddenly got those chills. THOSE chills. I was sitting in the house with a t-shirt, hoodie, and two winter coats on and was still shivering. Went to bed at 11, didn't fully get up and feel "okay" until 7:30 the next night. My wife was this close to calling 911. She'd never seen me like that.

I really hope it blows past you, man. Good luck.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:04 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:10 pm
ZenithCKLW wrote:
How did it start? Friday night around 9 or 10, I suddenly got those chills. THOSE chills. I was sitting in the house with a t-shirt, hoodie, and two winter coats on and was still shivering. Went to bed at 11, didn't fully get up and feel "okay" until 7:30 the next night. My wife was this close to calling 911. She'd never seen me like that.

Had Covid in March. That first night, THOSE CHILLS were like nothing I ever experienced. Was in bed fully clothed with 2 blankets, a comforter, and a space heater blasting. Was freezing. After I broke that fever, things weren't too bad actually.
The censorship king from out of state.

tapeisrolling

Post by tapeisrolling » Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:40 pm

Sounds like my go-round with it also. 3 days before the scheduled booster shot, the crappy feel, but tested neg. Then next day the same and POS and it hit the pos mark the moment the test was touched and no waiting 15 min. before reading. Then the chills like I had once with a case of hypothermia. After good nights sleep, almost 12 hours, felt better but off a bit. The time it took to feel normal was almost 2 weeks. My wife got it 2 days later and mirrored my pattern.

Our daughter has a friend who has had problems since he got it 2 YEARS ago. A case of long haul and still not able to go back to work.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:17 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:10 pm
ZenithCKLW wrote:

It started last night for me. I was on the couch, talking, then the moment I got up, I got a weird sensation in my ears. Kind of like that feeling you get on an airplane when your ears pop, but in reverse. My ears instantaneously plugged and I felt pressure. Sounds sounded very echo-ey and “in asynchronous stereo”. Went to bed, slept fine. Woke up with the same feeling in my ears and developed a headache through lunch. I figured I just needed to eat, so I went to pick up fast food. My lunch tasted like cigarettes; I have never smoked in my life. We all took a test, mine was the one that didn’t test positive, but I know I am. I will test again tomorrow. I took an Excedrin and I currently feel fine.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:17 am

One of my good friends notified me that she had symptoms just after I saw her at a party for New Year's Eve. So far so good but I definitely was exposed.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:59 am

Did something unusual yesterday.. Covid booster and flu shot plus Tetnis I was due for.. I never get yearly boosters but figured what the heck... haven't keeled over yet but my left arm where I got two of three shots is pretty sore.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:24 am

I have had multiple covid boosters and never had any side affects.
My last go around was September 25 when I got a covid, flu and RSV. All in the same arm because Chuck Norris told me to.
To my knowledge I have never had covid unless I was all but asymptomatic.
The only precaution I actively take besides vaccines is to wear a KN95 mask when I am driving the school bus.
I no longer directly engage trolls

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:05 am

I still don't know what to think of my case. It's been a few days, and I still haven't tested positive. My taste quickly returned, my headache went away, and I feel no pressure in my head. I was told by my doctor that until I test positive, I can't receive treatment, and I have no isolation restrictions other than to wear a KN95 mask when I leave the house because I am considered to have only had "exposure to a positive covid case". Our best guess that I am faring so much better (comparatively) is because I regularly take zinc.

I am not going out much as I care for those at home, we are not isolating from each other in the house, and we canceled my work trip and vacation. I really just want to know without guessing or assuming: do I have it, or do I not? If I do/did, hopefully it's not still incubating in my body with the worst yet to come. I'm a H*** 39 year old baby when I'm sick.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:13 pm

ZenithCKLW wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:05 am
I still don't know what to think of my case. It's been a few days, and I still haven't tested positive.
The home tests most of us take are a lot more reliable when they show a positive reading than a negative reading. The more tests you take spread apart by 24 hours the more likely you are to have an accurate test result.

They also have an expiration date so if the testes you are using are older its possible they expired.
I no longer directly engage trolls

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:25 pm

I'm starting to wonder if I have Omicron. Was in a house for part of a day with 22 other people and then about 3 days later I was rather suddenly hit with a NASTY, NASTY headache. Been having trouble sleeping because of the headache and Advil isn't helping all that much (though is doing just enough that I can still go about my day). It feels like sinus pressure and is mostly behind my eyes and on the top of my head. But there's literally no other symptoms of illness. I did read though that about 10 percent of cases can manifest themselves as just a headache and the description is very similar to the one I'm experiencing.
ZenithCKLW wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:05 am
Our best guess that I am faring so much better (comparatively) is because I regularly take zinc.
I wondered that very early on during the pandemic, and I see some more recent studies suggest that zinc can shorten the duration of Covid and cut ICU admission significantly. I swear by zinc in reducing the duration of the common cold.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:38 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:25 pm
I was rather suddenly hit with a NASTY, NASTY headache. Been having trouble sleeping because of the headache and Advil isn't helping all that much (though is doing just enough that I can still go about my day). It feels like sinus pressure and is mostly behind my eyes and on the top of my head. But there's literally no other symptoms of illness.
I used to swear by Tylenol for my frequent headaches through my whole life, but in the past few years its effectiveness against headaches has reduced. I recently discovered Excedrin, which I think is still acetaminophen but adds aspirin and caffeine. It almost always works fairly quickly. Somehow, even though it has caffeine, it still doesn't interrupt my sleep any more than the headache would. I'm not offering medical advice, but this has been a fairly welcome discovery for me.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic