Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Southwest caters to morbidly obese

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Matt

Southwest caters to morbidly obese

Post by Matt » Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:59 am

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Deleted User 9015

Re: Southwest caters to morbidly obese

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:18 am

My brother-in-law is about 450. We had a family trip this year and we got him first class. That worked out just fine for him. His arm spilled over into my nephew's seat, but if we put his fat ass in coach he would have easily taken up a whole row.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:06 am

We have come to live in a bizarre age where morbid obesity, which is a disease, is embraced. Do we embrace any other disease?
I no longer directly engage trolls

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:16 am

craig11152 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:06 am
We have come to live in a bizarre age where morbid obesity, which is a disease, is embraced. Do we embrace any other disease?
Rarely is it a "disease". Sure, diabetes can be awful, but also can often be avoided. Usually it's people that are just too fucking lazy to exercise, or have little will power to stay away from potato chips and ice cream.
The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:47 am

"Super fat is how we identify," Chaney, business owner of Jae Bae Productions, said. "There's a spectrum of fatness. And as a super fat individual, you start needing different accommodations… I just felt really happy that there was something like this for people."
It's great that piggy girl is now identifying with what her third grade classmates once pointed out.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:48 am

You might just consider it's a humane policy for the rest of the passengers. So that THEY aren't forced to sit next to one of these blobs that can't be contained within a normal seat and spillover into the adjacent one.

That comes with a cost though... EVERYONE else is paying for those extra seats for those folks!

And 'being fat' isn't a disease for 99.9% of those folks. Where are all those pro-vaxxer folks who insisted folks get vaxxed to "take a load off the medical care system", and "it's for your own health"?? Why aren't they pretty vocal on this one?

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:03 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:06 am
look into the body positive movement and HAES.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:47 pm

I bet the airline would be thrilled to learn of people getting more angry at the larger person, instead of getting angry at the airlines for creating a situation where everyone is squeezed into these increasingly shrinking seats. I guess it's easier to blame the person next to you for your discomfort, regardless of their humiliation, instead of a suit at headquarters because "we hate fat people."

No, I'm not fat, not even close. As a physically small person, I am uncomfortable on a coach flight and hate the airlines for creating that situation, regardless of the existence of someone bigger than me.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:00 pm

I'm 6'4 - coach is a challenge for my legs.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:17 pm

Fat shaming is totally gross. For those of us advocating for larger people, it is not about embracing a disease. It is saying that some people cannot control their weight due to certain medical conditions. It's really gross that people act like it is okay to demean these people.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:46 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:17 pm
Fat shaming is totally gross. For those of us advocating for larger people, it is not about embracing a disease. It is saying that some people cannot control their weight due to certain medical conditions. It's really gross that people act like it is okay to demean these people.
Do you think it is good to fat praise? Should someone be proud to be super fat?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:09 pm

km1125 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:48 am
That comes with a cost though... EVERYONE else is paying for those extra seats for those folks!
We are also paying for the subsidized fuel and record profits. Both are far worse.

Matt, its a free world, why complain what a private business chooses to do?
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:15 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:09 pm
km1125 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:48 am
We are also paying for the subsidized fuel and record profits. Both are far worse.

Matt, its a free world, why complain what a private business chooses to do?
Southwest is publicly traded, not a private company.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:32 pm

You'd think if this was a human condition it would be more similar across the globe. Why don't India and China have this issue?

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:45 pm

There's obese people in Cambodia? Sally Struthers fucking LIED to me.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic