Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Rat's foot found in soup

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Rate This

Re: Rat's foot found in soup

Post by Rate This » Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:37 am

Matt wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:24 am
People who go to Olive Garden by choice are white trash.
What do you recommend?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:39 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:49 am
I agree it's likely a scam, although the object in question does indeed look just like the foot of a field rat (comparing it to other images online).

Olive Garden sucks. Last time I went to one was nearly two decades ago. The lunch entrée I ordered for $13 or $14 was gone in eight bites. Just a pitiful quantity of food for the money. The sodium content of most of their food is off the charts bad; worse than many frozen dinners in the supermarket.
Olive Garden is one of a number of chain restaurants that basically do exactly that… it’s a frozen dinner they microwave for you and out it comes. Enjoy. Very few places cook much of anything.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:43 am

Rate This wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:37 am
Matt wrote:
What do you recommend?
:lol :lol :lol

I left the door open for that. Honestly, I'm not a big fan of Italian food.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:08 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:43 am

:lol :lol :lol

I left the door open for that. Honestly, I'm not a big fan of Italian food.
Me neither. I'm not a big fan of any kind of ethnic food. Especially Chinese.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:43 pm

When it comes to chains, Texas Roadhouse is amongst the best. I spent time there years and years ago and the meat is fresh and prepped daily, all the sides are prepped fresh in house, few things are frozen. The rest, like Chili's and Applebee's, yes, are just frozen shit thawed and thrown in the box or the fryer. We have a great Italian place here called Ciao Amici's and it's some of the best Italian take out I've had. We pass on the McDonald's and Burger King and Chili's unless we don't have a choice.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:17 pm

Applebees was one of the first entries on my list of places to never go back to. This year, at my wife's urging, I decided to give them one more chance.

Now they're back on the list for good. No more chances.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:21 am

Matt wrote:
And the Traverse City Olive Garden has the dirtiest kitchen in TC according to a UPS driver I know who has been in most of the kitchens in town. I wish Michigan had the health department ratings displayed like many states do.

I travel at least a week each month and I never eat at a chain place (In-N-Out is the exception). With Google Maps it's fairly easy to find great local places. Only occasionally am I in a place where a chain is the only option.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:29 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:21 am
Matt wrote:
And the Traverse City Olive Garden has the dirtiest kitchen in TC according to a UPS driver I know who has been in most of the kitchens in town. I wish Michigan had the health department ratings displayed like many states do.

I travel at least a week each month and I never eat at a chain place (In-N-Out is the exception). With Google Maps it's fairly easy to find great local places. Only occasionally am I in a place where a chain is the only option.
In-N-Out is great, and I generally avoid chains when traveling as well.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:42 pm

TC Talks wrote:
I love In-N-Out, too, but there are plenty of other chains that are pretty good. Eddie V's, Ocean Prime, Capital Grille, they're all good. My wife absolutely loves Eddie V's. I feel like they do a shitty job with their sides.

Darden is such a mixed bag. Olive Garden is like the Red Lobster of Italian food. Just absolute garbage. Bahama Breeze is disgusting as well. Longhorn is actually pretty good! I've gotten the filet there before and they don't do a bad job with it. Could be seasoned better, but its just $25 so you get what you pay for in my experience. Ruth's Chris, at least in Troy, was never great when we went. Morton's is a disappointment in Troy, too. I think I liked the steak wrapped in bacon there. Season's 52 is a wild card, but I always enjoy at least something when we go there. Never tried Yard House, seems pretty generic to me. Never seen a Cheddar's before.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:38 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:43 pm
When it comes to chains, Texas Roadhouse is amongst the best. I spent time there years and years ago and the meat is fresh and prepped daily, all the sides are prepped fresh in house, few things are frozen. The rest, like Chili's and Applebee's, yes, are just frozen shit thawed and thrown in the box or the fryer. We have a great Italian place here called Ciao Amici's and it's some of the best Italian take out I've had. We pass on the McDonald's and Burger King and Chili's unless we don't have a choice.
When we were younger and couldn't afford to go to a decent place, my wife and I would go to Chili's and Applebee's. We used to love Chili's! Then we discovered what real food was and there's no way that I could eat at Chili's now. You really notice how bad those places are. The overly salted chips, watered down salsa, obviously microwaved entrees. Why spend $30 on something you could get in the freezer section at Kroger for $5? As a matter of fact, BK is cooked junk food served out of a window, but its better quality than the Chili's, Applebee's Ruby Tuesday's, etc. of the world.

We used to enjoy Texas Roadhouse, too. The meat may be fresh, but they can't cook it right. I like my steaks medium. They almost always overcook it. So then you have to dip it in sauce. Its just so nasty. Then the potatoes always have that crust on the bottom. You can't get the fires or else your steak will get super salted. The one thing I will give them is the rolls. Those are fantastic. They need to bring back the peanuts. My wife used to love the salmon, but now she said it smells and tastes fishy and off.

Everything is going downhill nowadays, though. Wife and I stopped in at a Logan's when we were going to a wrestling thing downtown. We went through Roseville so she can see an old friend who made enough bad decisions in life that she ended up having to live in Warren. So we went to the Logan's on Gratiot. This guy took our order and we like waited a good 30 minutes and then he came back to our table and was like "did you get your food yet?" No plates in front of us. So then he went in the back and came back and apologized and said it will be just a minute. Twenty minutes later, still nothing. Asked a waitress what was up and then the guy came over to our table a few minutes later and told us that we should ask him because he's the server. Food comes out a few minutes later. It was like Logan's is regressing into a fast food restaurant. Just a small plate. The steak could not have been cooked on a grill or pan-friend, or anything like that. Just the taste was giving reheated, microwaved vibes.

ADD in TC

Post by ADD in TC » Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:55 pm

TC Talks wrote:
And the Traverse City Olive Garden has the dirtiest kitchen in TC according to a UPS driver I know who has been in most of the kitchens in town. I wish Michigan had the health department ratings displayed like many states
Not sure if the website is still up or outdated,but try googling sword solutions online inspections,hit the grand traverse county tab and type in Olive Garden.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:15 pm

Name a chain where you can get clean food?

Haven't found one yet.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:19 pm

Chrocket87 wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:09 am
kager wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:18 am
OG is pretty good in TC. I'm not gonna trash-talk any restaurant based on this story.

One of my fave IT restaurants back when I traveled for work often was Spaghetti Warehouse in Akron, OH. 15-layer lasagna was a food coma delight!

It's been quite a while since I've been, but glad to see that they still have a relatively strong foothold in OH (at least compared to other states) after all these years.
I grew up eating at the one in Toledo. So many fond memories of that place. When I was very young, I would get so excited when we got to eat inside the train they had.
That's the one I go to. They still have that train. We were worried late last year that they closed, but their landlord gave them such a hard time. They eventually reopened.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:43 pm

RayQix

Post by RayQix » Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:50 pm

Haven’t been to Olive Garden in a bit.

Someone wanted their 15min and so now they have it.

Problem is….. how do you prove it wasn’t there?

Word of mouth tarnish …. And of course a lawsuit too.

Someone saw this coming and now it’s here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic