Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Healing My Heart Again

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Honeyman

Re: Healing My Heart Again

Post by Honeyman » Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:06 pm

I was with both Jack and Emma when they were put down. We had a vet to come to our house to do it as I would never take them to the office they hated to spend their last minutes. Awful memories, but the vets that do that made it as comfortable as possible for the dogs, and my wife and me.

The censorship king from out of state.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:28 pm

We took our Janet to the vet. She knew the routine. She went all around the waiting room to shake hands with everyone there.

When we took her into the back, she climed up onto the weigh scale, as she always had.

We stayed with her right to the end. She went bravely, as I knew she would. We were basket cases, holding her and soaking her fur with our tears.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:45 pm

This is Halen (right) and Bailey (left), staring while we eat dinner. These are my babies. I savor every moment I get with them because I know it won't last forever. They are good girls. Then again, I've never met a BAD dog. All dogs are good, it just depends on who is raising them. Eats, pets, walks and butt rubs is all it takes.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:21 pm

Heard from a friend who lost a pup today.

Tell you a little about these people.....she was working at an animal rescue and someone dumped 2 blind, paired cocker spaniels...right before Christmas. Who would take that on? Amy and Nedd did. Loved and cared for those dogs immeasurably. The vet bills were substantial. But if one dog was to go first, it's better it was Tyler who passed, simply because he really needed the other one, Treasure to get by.

Throw an extra treat and a belly rub to your pooch today. Never forget how precious time with them is

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:53 pm

There will be a special place in heaven for those people.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:00 pm

Here is Norka, my 4th berner. I've been party of the berner rescue community since 2004.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:12 pm

I see a little mischief in those eyes, TC.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:13 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:53 pm
There will be a special place in heaven for those people.
Amen, Bryce.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:33 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:12 pm
I see a little mischief in those eyes, TC.
I think he looks like a Republican! Much too handsome to be a Democrat.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Plate Cap

Post by Plate Cap » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:35 am

Wow. Great heartfelt words.

I lost a cat a a couple years ago....there is not a day that goes by that I don't in some fashion mourn her. Amazing animal in all regards; she made my life much better.

I took a lot of photos of her, and if you upload photos automatically to Google Photos they will later present "on this day" photos back to you. She jumps out of my email box unexpectedly now like she used to jump up on my lap or onto the bed. It's bittersweet, but overall good.

The box that many broadcasters won’t look outside of was made in 1969 and hasn’t changed significantly since.

Plate Cap

Post by Plate Cap » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:51 am

Honeyman wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:38 pm
I've lost both my parents, and a number of close friends. However, the depth of pain when your dog dies is something different. Something about the unconditional love they offer you.
Well said.
The box that many broadcasters won’t look outside of was made in 1969 and hasn’t changed significantly since.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:04 pm

Round Six wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:43 pm
So when your put your dog down, do you stay with it while it passes?
Or do you leave before the vet does it
In 2019, we had to put three dogs down. It was just bad luck that their time came that year. One had a heart problem. Another had a massive gallstone that could not be treated. Another had liver failure. We stayed in the room for each one. Putting our Daisy down hit harder than having my parents pass, which I am sure doesn't say much good about me, but we still have pictures of her up around the house. The bright side is she had 18 years here. I do not understand how anyone could not be in the room when it happens. That's a dog, and dogs aren't human, but that bond is so strong, I can't imagine not being there at the end.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:49 pm

We've had three dogs. Floyd died while he was at the vet. The vet called me and gave me the bad news. Hector was at the vet under anesthetic for what we thought was teeth problems. He was having difficulty eating. I was at work and the vet called my wife and told her the dog's throat was full of cancer. He recommended putting him down without reviving him. My wife called me at work to tell me. I called the vet and told him to go ahead. I left work and picked up the body and took it home. Burried him out in the yard.

Our last dog, Janet was a real sweetheart. But when she was old we made the difficult decision to have her put down. I went to the super market and got a steak for her last meal. Cut it up into small pieces for her.

We went with her to the vet and stayed with her till the end. She went bravely like I knew she would but both of us were basket cases.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:44 pm

Making that decision is the hardest, and the most compassionate, you can make. We should be able to do it for humans, but that is a whole different story.

Emma was about 3 or 4 when we got Jack, around tge same age, for them to play together. And they did for many years, though they never became best of friends. The unwise thing is they both became senior dogs at the same time. In hindsight, I would have staggered their ages.

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:59 pm

Last year, my wife and I had to put one of our three cats and our dog down within about 36 hours of each other. It was the worst I’ve felt in my life, though we were both with both of them until their final breaths had passed.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic