Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Chick-Fil-A loses Lord's Chicken endorsement and goes WOKE

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Matt

Re: Chick-Fil-A loses Lord's Chicken endorsement and goes WOKE

Post by Matt » Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:50 pm

Round Six wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:12 pm
For absolutely no reason, I've yet to eat at Chick-fil-A. There's one I'm guessing about 5 miles from the trailer. And a half dozen places to get a chicken sandwich closer.

Never been one to take a drive just to try a new place. Same with Sonic. I know folks who drove 10 miles to the first one that opened just cuz they had to. Passing two A&W's along the way.
Whatever.
FIFY

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:54 am

Graham Wellington wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:32 pm
craig11152 wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:31 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:32 pm
I restate my position that most Americans who claim to be Christian are absolutely not.
What do you think it means to be a Christian?
TC's version of Christianity is to affirm everyone's beliefs, regardless of if they contradict Christian teaching or not. We must offer thoughts and good vibes to everyone as God asks us to do whatever we want, with an automatic one way ticket to the afterlife. But, when push comes to shove, Christians should cede final decision making to our secular overlords, who have ultimate authority over that magical sky fairy.
"Dr. Craig" might step on a few toes:

https://www.reasonablefaith.org/media/r ... ian-church

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:01 pm

audiophile wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:54 am

First off, you're Dr. Craig was just a bobblehead. So let's talk about what Peterson said.

How much of what he said is the church's role? Global warming, population control? Myself, I think worrying about that sort of thing illustrates a lack of faith. Strong faith includes not worrying about the doomsday comet you can see coming. Strong faith means you believe the Lord will take care of any adversary. And it also means being ready to go. If you're afraid the world is going end, then you don't have the faith you profess.

As far as getting young men in church, having real estate type flyers by the church marquee may not be the best way. I've always felt churches should paint themselves as the "neighborhood" church to everyone in, let's say within 2 miles. Flyers on every door for every event. What are young men interested in?

I notice Peterson didn't say anything about posting a picture of Jesus hugging a giant chicken leg. An excellent example of talking the talk but not walking the walk. All kidding aside.

Women spend more time wondering what men are thinking about than men spend actually thinking.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:18 pm

Round Six wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:01 pm
audiophile wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:54 am

First off, you're Dr. Craig was just a bobblehead. So let's talk about what Peterson said.

How much of what he said is the church's role? Global warming, population control? Myself, I think worrying about that sort of thing illustrates a lack of faith. Strong faith includes not worrying about the doomsday comet you can see coming. Strong faith means you believe the Lord will take care of any adversary. And it also means being ready to go. If you're afraid the world is going end, then you don't have the faith you profess.

As far as getting young men in church, having real estate type flyers by the church marquee may not be the best way. I've always felt churches should paint themselves as the "neighborhood" church to everyone in, let's say within 2 miles. Flyers on every door for every event. What are young men interested in?

I notice Peterson didn't say anything about posting a picture of Jesus hugging a giant chicken leg. An excellent example of talking the talk but not walking the walk. All kidding aside.
Let’s be real… most of what these people dispense is pretty obvious if you don’t shut your brain off. They make LOTS of money telling you things that in reality you already know.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:30 am

Chik-fil-a is good stuff. They are also well managed. Look into their policy on franchising. That said, they really aren't "stay in line for over an hour" good. In 'n' out on the other hand...

The article also mentioned Cane's. That's some good stuff. When I go to Vegas its one of the first places I go. They really need to expand to Michigan.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:17 am

Neckbeard wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:30 am
Chik-fil-a is good stuff. They are also well managed. Look into their policy on franchising. That said, they really aren't "stay in line for over an hour" good. In 'n' out on the other hand...

The article also mentioned Cane's. That's some good stuff. When I go to Vegas its one of the first places I go. They really need to expand to Michigan.
Now that we are Trans forward here in Michigan, that might happen. And you always go to the counter at In and Out...

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:52 am

Neckbeard wrote:

They opened one in East Lansing earlier this year.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:07 am

Rate This wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:52 am
Neckbeard wrote:
Mmm. We're going to Grand Rapids tomorrow. Would be passing thru Lansing right around lunchtime. Think the detour would be worth it?

Women spend more time wondering what men are thinking about than men spend actually thinking.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:36 pm

Round Six wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:07 am
Rate This wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:52 am
Neckbeard wrote:
Mmm. We're going to Grand Rapids tomorrow. Would be passing thru Lansing right around lunchtime. Think the detour would be worth it?
Have yet to try it but the lines are long during the school year.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:25 pm

I'd rather have Popeyes chicken any way... AND I can get it on Sunday! :)

Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic