Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Surprise! Lincoln SUVs remain rolling shit boxes due to poor electrical engineering

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
zzand

Re: Surprise! Lincoln SUVs remain rolling shit boxes due to poor electrical engineering

Post by zzand » Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:03 am

I get 30 on the highway and 27 in city. About the same as the Charger I traded in. Of course they both have the same engine and about the same weight.

Rate This

Re: Surprise! Lincoln SUVs remain rolling shit boxes due to poor electrical engineering

Post by Rate This » Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:50 am

zzand wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:17 am
My Grand Cherokee is just fine thank you. If they are so bad why are there more Jeeps on the road than just about anything else?
Because of the brand name. But I see more of them dead on the side of the road than anything else, especially the less expensive ones. They also use substandard designs and materials throughout. The number one reason? It’s a Chrysler.

zzand

Post by zzand » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:01 am

Have to disagree. Can't speak for the less expensive models, but the fit, finish and materials in mine are on par with any other vehicle in it's class. The it's a Chrysler thing is old and for a long time was true, but new owners of the parent company have taken quality seriously and it shows. In 6 years my Charger had two minor recalls while my daughter had 6 at the same time with her Ford.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:25 am

zzand wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:01 am
Have to disagree. Can't speak for the less expensive models, but the fit, finish and materials in mine are on par with any other vehicle in it's class. The it's a Chrysler thing is old and for a long time was true, but new owners of the parent company have taken quality seriously and it shows. In 6 years my Charger had two minor recalls while my daughter had 6 at the same time with her Ford.
Perhaps… but for whatever it’s worth they tend to be Patriots, compasses, liberty’s and cherokees. I do see a sizable number of Grand Cherokee’s and one wagoneer which was a head scratcher to see abandoned already.

zzand

Post by zzand » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:34 am

The models you mentioned all have one thing in common, they have the 4 banger as standard and that is a well known bad engine. The Pentasatar 6 and Hemi are good engines. Believe it or not I understand the Wagoneer, first model year of any model from any company is always a crap shoot.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:51 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:02 pm
The Ford Maverick and Ford Escape hybrids are now being recalled due to engine fire risk:

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/ ... 294086007/
Better stick with 5L or 2.7L F-150.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:53 pm

zzand wrote:
My Co-worker has had good luck with Dodge/Chrysler stuff.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:57 pm

zzand wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:07 am
My oldest daughter has always been faithful to Ford, until her last purchase. She drives a Fusion, getting rid of it as soon as it becomes more affordable to buy. At one point she had 6 outstanding recalls on it. My favorite was the steering wheel could come off in your hands. She is planning on going with Honda as she already has one of their mini vans and it has been trouble free.
1.5L is an engineering disaster (2014-2019)!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:38 pm

The cheap Jeep models with Fiat parts (Renegade; Compass) are the ones to avoid like the plague. The Wrangler is also unreliable, but obviously that vehicle has a very specific use case.

I'd definitely pick a Grand Cherokee over an Explorer right now.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:39 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:25 am
zzand wrote:
Perhaps… but for whatever it’s worth they tend to be Patriots, compasses, liberty’s and cherokees. I do see a sizable number of Grand Cherokee’s and one wagoneer which was a head scratcher to see abandoned already.
Chrysler is out performing Ford on quality by a mile right now.

Ram trucks remain the most popular vehicle for DUI drivers.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic