Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Bourbon Thread

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
TC Talks

Bourbon Thread

Post by TC Talks » Thu May 18, 2023 5:41 pm

Anyone collecting bourbon these days? I just broke the 70 count. Here's today's finds:

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Turkeytop

Re: Bourbon Thread

Post by Turkeytop » Thu May 18, 2023 6:30 pm

I've tried bourbon but I've never really acquired a taste for it. Likewise with Scotch or Irish Whisky,

I'm just a Canadian Whisky kind of guy.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu May 18, 2023 6:38 pm

I'm working on a taste for Scotch but I like Rye.

Here's a proper Canadian favorite.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri May 19, 2023 6:58 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 6:30 pm
I've tried bourbon but I've never really acquired a taste for it. Likewise with Scotch or Irish Whisky,

I'm just a Canadian Whisky kind of guy.
Try a Basil Hayden Rye. It is blended with a Canadian rye out of Alberta. I really really like it.

I can't collect Bourbon. It doesn't last long enough. :blink My two "go to" bottles that I most always have on hand is Old Foresters and Woodford Reserve.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

zzand

Post by zzand » Fri May 19, 2023 10:23 am

Not a drinker and not sure if this is indeed bourbon but my daughter has a barrel of personalized Makers Mark.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Fri May 19, 2023 11:33 am

TC Talks wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 6:38 pm
I'm working on a taste for Scotch but I like Rye.

Here's a proper Canadian favorite.
I know Vermont is basically Canada, but that's not a Canadian whiskey. :hat
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri May 19, 2023 2:26 pm

Whistle Pig's stock is distilled in Alberta bottled in VT. The Farmstock is distilled in VT and is rubbish...

Old Elk is basically MGP stock. New companies don't open their doors with 12 year bottles without buying it.
WhistlePig rye made a worldwide splash.
WhistlePig produces six whiskies, all of which are made using aged rye stock purchased from Alberta, Canada. Its first label, 10 Year, released in 2015, is a blend of that whiskey aged in new American oak barrels. It’s also the most-awarded rye in the world, according to the company.

WhistlePig’s other aged blends include 12 Year, 15 Year, and 18 Year. PiggyBack, created by Pickerell and released in 2018, is WhistlePig’s first 100 percent rye whiskey, aged six years. FarmStock is the first WhistlePig whiskey made with a majority of its own rye.
― Noam Chomsky

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Fri May 19, 2023 2:44 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 2:26 pm
Whistle Pig's stock is distilled in Alberta bottled in VT. The Farmstock is distilled in VT and is rubbish...

Old Elk is basically MGP stock. New companies don't open their doors with 12 year bottles without buying it.
WhistlePig rye made a worldwide splash.
WhistlePig produces six whiskies, all of which are made using aged rye stock purchased from Alberta, Canada. Its first label, 10 Year, released in 2015, is a blend of that whiskey aged in new American oak barrels. It’s also the most-awarded rye in the world, according to the company.

WhistlePig’s other aged blends include 12 Year, 15 Year, and 18 Year. PiggyBack, created by Pickerell and released in 2018, is WhistlePig’s first 100 percent rye whiskey, aged six years. FarmStock is the first WhistlePig whiskey made with a majority of its own rye.
Ah, thanks for the info! Couldn't ask for a better "Things I learned today" on a Friday! :8)

#TheMoreYouKnow Cheers!
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic