Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Is this MSU grad mentally ill or just an asshole?

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Matt

Is this MSU grad mentally ill or just an asshole?

Post by Matt » Mon May 15, 2023 10:55 pm

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/sto ... 219368007/

My first inclination was to make a joke about the lack of value of an MSU degree, but then I read the entire article. My official vote is that he's an asshole.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Re: Is this MSU grad mentally ill or just an asshole?

Post by Rate This » Mon May 15, 2023 11:30 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 10:55 pm
https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/sto ... 219368007/

My first inclination was to make a joke about the lack of value of an MSU degree, but then I read the entire article. My official vote is that he's an asshole.
My vote as well. He could be doing a lot of things immediately.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Mon May 15, 2023 11:33 pm

That really doesn't seem like a very marketable degree. 50 years ago, they used to say just get that college degree and you'll be set for life. But I know a few MSU grads from back then who had to go back to a no nonsense Walsh like college later in life to get a marketable degree. Back then, if not now, a lot of kids went to MSU to "date up a storm" for four or five years.

Looks like he could have picked a better major. As that guy in the movie "Fargo" said, "that doesn't seem like too good of a deal to me".

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon May 15, 2023 11:57 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 11:33 pm
That really doesn't seem like a very marketable degree. 50 years ago, they used to say just get that college degree and you'll be set for life. But I know a few MSU grads from back then who had to go back to a no nonsense Walsh like college later in life to get a marketable degree. Back then, if not now, a lot of kids went to MSU to "date up a storm" for four or five years.

Looks like he could have picked a better major. As that guy in the movie "Fargo" said, "that doesn't seem like too good of a deal to me".
If you had a college degree, they'd have called you Leeland instead of Ben Zonia

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Tue May 16, 2023 12:06 am

You won't let up, even when you're completely wrong.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue May 16, 2023 12:54 am

Ben Zonia wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 12:06 am
Generally speaking the more education you have the higher your earnings are likely to be. That’s not a lie.

kager

Post by kager » Tue May 16, 2023 6:40 am

Rate This wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 12:54 am
Ben Zonia wrote:
Generally speaking the more education you have the higher your earnings are likely to be. That’s not a lie.
Was that generality presented or disputed? I may have missed it.

Perhaps assholio's polpot snark (regardless of forum) towards some posters here could let up? Then, maybe you wouldn't feel compelled to ...

ah, nvm.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue May 16, 2023 8:37 am

kager wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 6:40 am
Rate This wrote:
Ben Zonia wrote:

Perhaps assholio's polpot snark (regardless of forum) towards some posters here could let up? Then, maybe you wouldn't feel compelled to ...

ah, nvm.
TC posted a chart saying exactly that and then the other guy said he was wrong. Did you read the posts?

kager

Post by kager » Tue May 16, 2023 8:50 am

Rate This wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 8:37 am
kager wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Ben Zonia wrote:

ah, nvm.
TC posted a chart saying exactly that and then the other guy said he was wrong. Did you read the posts?
Sort of ... I try to avoid the impudent Talksic stuff, but I was logged out... what I read insinuated BZ didn't go to college / get a degree, and that is what I thought BZ meant was "completely wrong".

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue May 16, 2023 10:14 am

kager wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 8:50 am
Rate This wrote:
kager wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Ben Zonia wrote:

ah, nvm.
Sort of ... I try to avoid the impudent Talksic stuff, but I was logged out... what I read insinuated BZ didn't go to college / get a degree, and that is what I thought BZ meant was "completely wrong".
My comments were speaking to BZ's incorrect disparagement of post secondary education. Despite this Spartyhole, it's generally an excellent option for longevity and life satisfaction.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Tue May 16, 2023 10:49 am

I don't deny his assertion that those with college degrees on average earn more money. He's just plain wrong in his assumption that I have no college degrees. Actually, I'm surprised that it's only about twice as much for an advanced degree as for a high school graduate. And looking at the college graduate average, it looks like a good choice of major could easily reach or exceed the advanced degree. But most of the graduates and advanced degrees are teachers, professors, and other government workers and make much more than the private sector. Government workers know where their bread is buttered and vote accordingly. That explains it. They don't want riots in the street like in 2020, they don't like all the nonsense being taught in school, they just want to keep their jobs and get raises every year and benefits. So they keep their mouths shut about all the nonsense.

-Author Unknown

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Tue May 16, 2023 1:58 pm

Rate This wrote:
kager wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Ben Zonia wrote:

ah, nvm.
Maybe it was a "woke" chart? It presents data that takes a tiny level of education to read... therefore it is ScArY!!! :rollin

Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

tigerwings

Post by tigerwings » Tue May 16, 2023 3:47 pm

I have a AS, but didn't help with my earnings.

I was working my current union job when I graduated, and would have taken a big pay cut to start somewhere else.

I will help if I try to over to the dark side of management. Most of my co-workers that did ended up making less pay after losing OT pay, and were let go.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.

― Seneca

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic