Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

A GOOD Use For Artificial Intelligence

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Ben Zonia

A GOOD Use For Artificial Intelligence

Post by Ben Zonia » Sat May 06, 2023 9:51 pm

So many people are talking about AI. Some say you can recreate peoples' voices flawlessly, to convince the vast majority of people that it's really that person. My idea is to create "American Top 40-The 60s", as if Casey Kasem was actually doing the show. Using AI voice tracking, it wouldn't be that difficult. Of course, Jean Kasem and Casey's descendants would get a percentage of the profits. Casey already has one of the highest profiles and legacies of any person who is no longer with us, from the 70s and 80s AT40 shows.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

bmw

Re: A GOOD Use For Artificial Intelligence

Post by bmw » Sat May 06, 2023 10:13 pm

My favorite use for AI.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun May 07, 2023 12:36 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 10:13 pm
My favorite use for AI.

That was the greatest 5 minutes ever. I only WISH they were all so cool as to talk like that. It's like watching My Fellow Americans!

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Sun May 07, 2023 3:00 pm

Do you think artificial intelligence is being labeled correctly? Seems this "it's taking everything over" may be a stretch to me.

I'll give you an example. Out in Oregon, they've got a camera mounted on the front of the street sweepers. The camera detects pot holes. The news clip called this AI. "Artificial Intelligence Fixes Potholes" was the tease before the break.

Do you think this may be a bit of an exaggeration? Robots are not going out on their own. Still being fixed by road crews with shovels and asphalt.

Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sun May 07, 2023 3:57 pm

There's a H*** difference between using a camera to detect defects (vision/video analysis) and "machine learning" and then there's "artificial intelligence". I don't know about that particular implementation, but I'd bet it's a stretch to say it's really using AI.

All of those are still humans using those tools for productivity increases, which can be a good thing. However, what we've seen most recently is giving the "machine" some flexibility in making decisions, based on what it can ascertain from scanned info over the web. Who knows how much of that info is accurate or relevant? One of the dangers is that the machine places too much value on flawed sources and the humans end up relying on the outcomes as "gospel".

But the Dairy Queen video is hilarious. Reminds me of the jib-jab guys work.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun May 07, 2023 4:56 pm

My take on AI is that there's no such thing as artificial "intelligence" and that there never will be. Intelligence, in my view, requires conscious thought, and I don't believe that any non-living device, now matter how much computer code we program it with, will ever reach the point of consciousness.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun May 07, 2023 5:35 pm

Why are we concerned and Artificial Intelligence there is already a problem with Intentional Stupidity? LOL

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic