Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Out of state posters

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Round Six

Out of state posters

Post by Round Six » Thu May 04, 2023 10:43 am

I know I'll get Mega Flammed for this post. But I gotta be honest. It appears many of the regular posters here on Michigan Buzzboard don't live anywhere near Michigan.

I'm sorry. I can honestly say it's something I myself would never think about doing. Idaho Fishing Forum. Georgia Media Watch. Ozark Politics Discussion Board. I know those out of town are going to come back with something along the lines of "But we're talking about National and World politics". But still.

So I want to throw this out just to those who live in the Wolverine State. Do you frequent Buzzboard style bulletin boards in other states? Have you ever thought about doing it? Or are you, like me, find it a bit odd that someone would want do such thing? Comments from just Michigan residents. What sayeth you?

Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

audiophile

Re: Out of state posters

Post by audiophile » Thu May 04, 2023 11:06 am

I partially agree, it seems a little wonky for someone that lives out state to comment here constantly. Maybe even a bit trollish, so to speak.

If you want walk on the conspiracy side, one almost has to wonder at times if these out-of-state folks are paid bloggers for someone, like the DNC, Planned Parenthood, or a Chinese disinformation campaign.

PS I do not post of on any out-state-forums.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Thu May 04, 2023 11:12 am

I don’t mind it, as long as they can engage in the relatable discussion. I don’t see discussions about Ozark Politics; the existing topics and conversations seem to stay relatable to Michigan, or our nation as it impacts Michigan. In my opinion, comment mentions to Ozark Politics are fine if its relatable, but I don’t find too much of that anyway.

Maybe MW can clarify, but I think the name “Michigan TV and Radio Buzzboard” means topics will be mostly organized and related to Michigan, rather than meaning posters have to live in Michigan. How each user discovered this site isn’t my concern. As long as they follow the rules.

I have lived in Michigan my whole life. I am interested in what's going on in other areas besides my own. I visit other geographic areas' message boards because I love diversity in history, opinion, policy, and always want to learn more.

I think making user names and deleting them and making new ones over and over is a bit weird.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu May 04, 2023 11:51 am

ZenithCKLW wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 11:12 am
I don’t mind it, as long as they can engage in the relatable discussion. I don’t see discussions about Ozark Politics; the existing topics and conversations seem to stay relatable to Michigan, or our nation as it impacts Michigan. In my opinion, comment mentions to Ozark Politics are fine if its relatable, but I don’t find too much of that anyway.

Maybe MW can clarify, but I think the name “Michigan TV and Radio Buzzboard” means topics will be mostly organized and related to Michigan, rather than meaning posters have to live in Michigan. How each user discovered this site isn’t my concern. As long as they follow the rules.

I have lived in Michigan my whole life. I am interested in what's going on in other areas besides my own. I visit other geographic areas' message boards because I love diversity in history, opinion, policy, and always want to learn more.

I think making user names and deleting them and making new ones over and over is a bit weird.
Isn’t Round Six formerly Oxlong and etc?

Anyways many of the out of town folks were here once…

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu May 04, 2023 12:03 pm

I'm living adjacent to Ipanema beach usually and I see no problem with it.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu May 04, 2023 12:32 pm

Did you ever consider that some out of state posters are ex media people from Michigan and they use the board to "stay in touch?"

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu May 04, 2023 12:33 pm

audiophile wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 11:06 am

If you want walk on the conspiracy side, one almost has to wonder at times if these out-of-state folks are paid bloggers for someone, like the DNC, Planned Parenthood, or a Chinese disinformation campaign.

Oops. Looks like my cover is blown.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Thu May 04, 2023 12:59 pm

ZenithCKLW wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 11:12 am

Sounds good.
Exactly what I was curious about. I was just wondering if anyone in my home state would be a regular on geographical message boards in other areas. Like I said in the original post, just seems something I would have no desire to do. I fully admit I may be the odd one out in my line of thinking.

Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu May 04, 2023 1:01 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 12:32 pm
Did you ever consider that some out of state posters are ex media people from Michigan and they use the board to "stay in touch?"
💯....at least in my case. Here is where I found out about Aris Hampers passing, Tony Gates firing, Danny Stewart resigning.....all people I worked with way back when.

Naturally I am interested in MSU and Detroit teams sports and read that Board. Audiophile is pissed that I comment on political boards since we are 180 degrees from each other on most issues, so he believes my views as an out-of-stater are not relevant. I am sure he wouldn't feel that way if I was a right wing, abortion hating, Bible thumping clown like him.

The censorship king from out of state.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu May 04, 2023 2:30 pm

There was certain poster from Ohio that was close to 180, I was fine with him but he wasn't acting like the board police and could carry on a respectful conversation.
Last edited by audiophile on Thu May 04, 2023 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu May 04, 2023 2:43 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 12:03 pm
What about France?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu May 04, 2023 3:31 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Probably aren't any black people there either.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu May 04, 2023 3:54 pm

audiophile wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 2:30 pm
There was certain poster from Ohio that was close to 180, I was fine with him but he wasn't acting like the board police and could carry on a respectful conversation.
Still smarting from losing your buddy LL, eh?

The censorship king from out of state.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu May 04, 2023 3:56 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 3:31 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Probably aren't any black people there either.
Quite to the contrary... People of color, fluid genders, cougars, and Cis-g's like me.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

tigerwings

Post by tigerwings » Thu May 04, 2023 4:56 pm

I'm been an out of state poster for 17 years.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic