Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Hampton Inn

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Re: Hampton Inn

Post by Turkeytop » Tue May 30, 2023 10:21 am

ZenithCKLW wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 8:39 am
Confirm with the hotel you are not allowed to bring your own clock. Let us know so we can reassess the shtick of your luddite victimhood.
No victimhood. I refuse to be a victim. The guy at the desk acknowledged that some people are already cheating the system by glancing furtively at the clock on their cell phone while they're in their room behind closed doors.

What I will be doing is more brazen. I'll be taking a real clock into the room.

Of course, there's a silver lining. Hampton Inn is one of our favourite hotels. But often when we go to one they tell us they're filled up and no rooms are available. That should be less of a problem now. People who didn't have the foresight to bring their own clock will be staying away in droves when they learn of the No Clocks policy.

Admitting you have a problem is the second step. The first step is finding a problem you really enjoy.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Tue May 30, 2023 10:43 am

LOL these stories.

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue May 30, 2023 10:51 am

"The guy at the desk acknowledged that some people are already cheating the system by glancing furtively at the clock on their cell phone while they're in their room behind closed doors"

Sorry but I call bullshit on this. They don't care if you bring your own clock. I doubt they are going room to room to check for clocks.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue May 30, 2023 11:01 am

zzand wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 10:51 am
"The guy at the desk acknowledged that some people are already cheating the system by glancing furtively at the clock on their cell phone while they're in their room behind closed doors"

Sorry but I call bullshit on this. They don't care if you bring your own clock. I doubt they are going room to room to check for clocks.
Friends of ours got kicked out for having a cat in their room.

Admitting you have a problem is the second step. The first step is finding a problem you really enjoy.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Tue May 30, 2023 11:02 am

LOL these stories.

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue May 30, 2023 11:21 am

Apples and oranges. If you take a pet in a no pet room you will get kicked out. All places have rules. The fact they got rid of clocks means they did that for whatever reason. It does not mean you can't bring your own unless that is in writing. You play a lousy victim. Seems to me since you complain so much about this side of the border you would be better off not crossing it.

HD74

Post by HD74 » Tue May 30, 2023 12:34 pm

Sarcasm, it's an artform.

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue May 30, 2023 12:42 pm

zzand wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 11:21 am
Apples and oranges. If you take a pet in a no pet room you will get kicked out. All places have rules. The fact they got rid of clocks means they did that for whatever reason. It does not mean you can't bring your own unless that is in writing. You play a lousy victim. Seems to me since you complain so much about this side of the border you would be better off not crossing it.
This has nothing to do with the US , Canada or the border. I'm sure the Hilton properties in Canada received the same asinine Corporate directive. "Get rid of those embarassing clocks that make our rooms look out of date."

And no, I'm not a victim. I've already done what's necessary to avoid being a victim. I've bought my own clock to take with me. Too bad if they don't like it.

They should warn travelers they have to bring their own clock. Somebody checks in at 9:00 PM, finds out there is no clock, then has to go back out and buy one.

What's next? Bring your own towels?

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Tue May 30, 2023 1:37 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 12:42 pm
zzand wrote:
This has nothing to do with the US , Canada or the border. I'm sure the Hilton properties in Canada received the same asinine Corporate directive. "Get rid of those embarassing clocks that make our rooms look out of date."

And no, I'm not a victim. I've already done what's necessary to avoid being a victim. I've bought my own clock to take with me. Too bad if they don't like it.

They should warn travelers they have to bring their own clock. Somebody checks in at 9:00 PM, finds out there is no clock, then has to go back out and buy one.

I've alerted corporate that you are smuggling alarm clocks into their rooms. They certainly do care.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue May 30, 2023 3:41 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 12:42 pm
zzand wrote:

They may put a ban on Turkeys using their towels…

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Tue May 30, 2023 11:50 pm

Two weeks ago, I took a road trip through five different cities in New England and stayed in a different hotel in each. I stayed in a Tru by Hilton in Portland, ME and Manchester, NH. All different chains for the other three. All five had the digital alarm clocks. I guess I wouldn’t mind if they weren’t in the rooms, but I did roll over to check those before checking my phone every morning.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed May 31, 2023 12:39 am

Chrocket87 wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 11:50 pm
Two weeks ago, I took a road trip through five different cities in New England and stayed in a different hotel in each. I stayed in a Tru by Hilton in Portland, ME and Manchester, NH. All different chains for the other three. All five had the digital alarm clocks. I guess I wouldn’t mind if they weren’t in the rooms, but I did roll over to check those before checking my phone every morning.
So the guy lied to me about Hilton's clock ban. Now I find out after I've gone out and spent $15 for a clock of my own.

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Wed May 31, 2023 12:50 am

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:00 pm

I love the newer concept hotels that require you log into your streaming service and offer no cable or ota channels. That's the future.
Last year, I was in Copenhagen to do some sightseeing and the hotel I stayed in had that exact entertainment system where the only TV channels you get are the ones on your phone. I usually wouldn’t mind that option, but when I’m traveling abroad, I sometimes like to check out the local options (especially if I can get multiple different news sources).

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed May 31, 2023 1:05 am

Instead of eliminating the clocks in the rooms, I would rather they eliminate the TV.
I never watch it.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed May 31, 2023 6:31 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 1:05 am
Instead of eliminating the clocks in the rooms, I would rather they eliminate the TV.
I never watch it.
Of course, you are a clock watcher. :blink

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic